does a sweep work?

mossy1985

Reaction score
as im 7 days over due today my midwife is comin to do a sweep.

just wanted to know if they acually work??

i really wonna see my LO :baby:

:hugs:

I had my sweep with DS at 3 days overdue.. he was here the next day so it worked for me! :) Good luck xx

Just to balance things out... I had one and it didn't work.

ah well just the luck of the draw then lol lol

well i have one today one on thursday and one on saturday if they dont work i need to go to hospital to be induced on monday so hopefully they will :thumbup:

thanks both :hugs:

It did for me! Waters broke exactly 12 hours after having it! And jack arrived 21 hours after that! xxx

I was doing some research on sweeps and found an article which said they work about 50% of the time.

I think it depends if your body is ready to go into labour or not, if your cervix is too high still then she may not even be able to do the sweep but if it is already getting ready to go then a sweep might just set things off for you.

Fingers crossed it works, let us know how you get on :thumbup:

a sweep didnt work for me, while mw did it she said my cervuix was so low she didnt even think id last 2 days (i was already in slow early labour) but i ended up being induced still at 12 days overdue.

hope a sweep works for u xx good luck

well i had my sweep at 2pm, and my midwife said she doesnt think its going to work.

so there we are lol she has not booked me in for one on thurs which she said she would but has booked me in for one on sat, if that does not work i will be going to hospital to be induced on sunday!

so sunday should be my last day of being preggers :cloud9:

awwww i cant wait to meet my LO :baby::thumbup:

Fingers crossed your LO decides to make an appearance before sunday for you :thumbup:

Aww hope your lo arrives before then! They seem to be a bit of a hit and miss, i think if the woman is on her way to labour then they will work but otherwise not... having mine tomorrow and got a feeling it wont work as ive not had any signs but will post here if anything happems!

Got midwife appointment this morning, going to ask her to do one, but don't know if she will as she says they need to be at 40+2 or at least, but hey, don't ask don't get lolol

Hey :) I think they are very hit and miss - I have had 3 now and nothing :shrug: my cervix has been favourable I have been dilated the lot but nothing - she thought I would go early and is so suprised I am stil preg :shrug: I too am being induced on Sunday but I hope our babies come on their own before then - thinking of you hun good luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->