Does anybody eat a low-carb diet?

frsttimemama

Trying again w/ Baby #2!
Reaction score
Hi, just looking for some ideas on low carb meal options. I am trying to lose some weight. My story is a bit long, but I'll try to condense it as best as I can! Last August, my doctor told me they thought I had PCOS and to try to lose some weight to see if that would help. I started eating a low carbohydrate diet (because that's what I found online that seemed to be helpful in people with PCOS), and I lost 20 pounds in about 8 weeks. We found out I was pregnant in mid-October. I stopped the low carb eating style because I was afraid that it would be harmful to the baby. I had him 2 and a half weeks ago at 39 weeks, but he didn't make it. We are okay. (Really, we are.) Prior to that, we always said we were only having one child. Well.. we've changed our minds! I'm hoping that by losing this weight it will help my cycles be regular and increase our chances to get pregnant again, not to mention be much more healthy and confident! In my pregnancy, I gained 36 pounds. I've managed to lose 28 of them so far. I've been trying to eat a low carbohydrate diet, and it seems to be helping. I'm just curious about anybody else's experiences or recommendations with it. We want to try to have another baby as soon as we can, not to replace our little guy as no child ever can or will, but because we simply want to be parents. That's where we are in our lives. I have a goal of losing 68 pounds total (so 40 to go still) to get back to a healthy weight. That is weight I gained in college and pregnancy. I'm trying to change my eating habits in general. I try to eat foods that are high in protein and low in carbs. I eat a lot of cheese, lunchmeat, grilled chicken and pork, peanut butter, veggies, and some fruit. I limit the bread and potatoes and pasta and candy/desserts. I don't drink soda hardly at all. On occasion, I will drink lemonade. I'm waiting for the go-ahead from my doctor to start exercising which will consist of walking because that's my exercise of choice. I don't have an appointment for another couple weeks though, and I'm not just doing it because I had a C-section so I don't want to do anything to hinder healing. I use an app on my phone to track calories and nutrient values. It seems to work well for me. I'm not like super strict like Atkins diet or anything.. Anybody else that does this? What do you eat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->