Does anyone else dread looking at names?

ckylesworld

Reaction score
I have found it easy to pick a boys name but am having trouble with a girl name, so every time I think of looking at girl names I dread it and decide not to.
Thinking about it almost gives me a headache. :wacko:

Has anyone else felt that way?

I know what you mean. When we were pregnant with our first, we had a boy's name immediately, but even when SHE was born we didn't have a name for her. We had to pick one the day after she was born, but when we announced on Facebook etc she ws known only as "baby". For our second we had a girl's name immediately but never had a boy's name.

My OH doesn't like looking through name books, so he never has; he always hought a name would come to him. I'm different; I have to be proactive and at least try to look for a name, then give a shortlist for him to veto, which he always does. THAT part of it frustrates me.

I love looking at names, but we're only WTT. We have had names picked out for about 2 years now, but only the middle names are 100%

I love love LOVE looking at names! It never gets old to me, lol. I'm also WTT though so maybe that's why lol

Just a suggestion...If you find it easy to pick out boy's names, have you thought of naming your girl an otherwise known "boy" name??
Some examples could be:
Ryan, Riley, Brett, Kiley/Kyle, Aeryn (Aaron), Emerson, Jordan, etc.

I loved it too when we were ttc that's why I am surprised that I don't like it now, but once I was actually pregnant it became a chore. I know that sounds crazy.

I'm no longer having fun looking through or contemplating names. I am having most of my troubles with the girl name right now, but DH and I can't agree on a boy name either :wacko: when I thought we were settled DH has changed his mind at least 4 times already, so I've had to start over with a new list each and every time, of course then he says no to everything. I've bugged him to come up with a name list too, but so far he hasn't.

Nothing inspires me, nothing clicks or makes me feel like "That's the one!" ugh and now I feel like I have to go back just to make sure I have weighed all my options, but I really dread it, so am putting it off for now.....

That's exactly how I feel. Thank I'd we are going next Wednesday for a gender scan. That way I know if I even have to come up with a girls name.

When we were WTT & TTC I had about 10 names of each gender that I would have happily used. Then when we got pregnant I ran them by my husband and he vetoed most of them. The ones he didn't veto suddenly didnt seem special enough for our baby. When your baby is theoretical it's much easier to find names, but when it's real and growing in your belly, suddenly you become very fussy... Well I did anyway

NO name seems special enough until you find the perfect name, and that's the stress I think. You don't want to make the wrong decision, but there are so many things to think about - like pronunciation, spelling, connotations, whether people will like it etc... It's one of the biggest decisions you make, so no wonder people get stressed out because of it. For our third baby, which we're currently TTC, we chose the name for a girl last night, but we still don't have a name for a boy. Names we had in previous pregnancies don't even feel right anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->