Does anyone else feel jelous of there pregnant friends???

shortie58

Mummy to Katie
Reaction score
Or is it only me??? I remember in dec last year one of my close friends was due her baby boy, I got soooooooooo broody that I mumped and moaned at my husband about trying ourselfs. At the time he said no and I didnt speak to him for about a week, and kept crying all the time.:cry:

Dont get me wrong I was very happy for my pal but at the same time I really wanted it to be me... And now I know like 4 or 5 people who are pregnant and I am starting to feel the same. But on the upside I only have 2 more months on the pill so know Im not far away, :thumbup: whoo hoo.

Who else has ever felt like this????

Lesley xxxxxx

I get like this all the time!!!

My 4 closest friends all have babies ranging from 4 month to 5 years. My best friend has an 11 month old and she is 19 weeks pregnant. Dont get me wrong I am so happy for her as she is exactly the same as me and obsessed with babies but sometimes i feel so empty after i have seen her. Like she has everything i ever wanted and i have nothing. I know in time i will be in her position (fingers crossed) but i still cant help but feel down about it.

Me!! :(
There are loads of people i went to school with who have babies and a couple of weeks ago on the same morning two of my cousins told me they were expecting, I'm so so happy for them but there was definitely a pang of jealousy!!

I feel this way sometimes too. I don't even want to be pregnant right now. I just remember how wonderful it was to be pregnant, and the thrill of starting labor. It's just soooo exciting. I get jealous when other people get to go through it.

I know what you mean!

I have a sibling who is unexpectedly pregnant, she's single, still a teenager and the father is a deadbeat.
I feel very angry because I feel it is unfair because I want it so bad...and she wanted to have an abortion... that really bothered me.

I know my time will come but it's still hard sometimes :hugs:

Yes, one of my best friends is due her 1st any day now and another is 4 months. One of my friends from work is also pregnant and I'm so happy for all of them but just can't wait for it to be my turn!!

Me and OH have said we want to wait until we get married next year before TTC but hearing about other people who are pregnant keeps making me think we should just TTC now and forget about the wedding for now. I just keep telling myself the time will fly by and it will be our turn before we know it :)

All the time, its like green with envy but happy for them at the same time. It will be my turn soon.

xxx

I sometimes get a little too upset... and I tend to mentally note how the parents to be are not nearly as prepared as us yet we haven't started to try because we want to make sure everything is just perfect (wedding in July, house is finished, savings is built up again, etc). Of course, I feel awful for having these negative feelings - I am VERY happy for them but just a tad jealous as well. Such emotional turmoil!

My very young brother and his GF had an "oopsie" baby a few years ago and I was more fearful of their welfare and for the baby since they do not have full time jobs and my brother is in school. :nope: However when they announced that they were "trying for another" not long after and got a BFP nearly immediately, I felt a little sorry for myself and sulked for a little bit. Don't get me wrong, my niece and nephew mean the world to me and they are great parents - I just want two babies of my own as well but DF and I keep waiting for that "perfect moment"!

Yeah I am a bit like that. Had a rant in my journal about it yesterday. OH work partner's gf is 21 and she already has one (she doesnt work & cheats the benefit system & has no intention of ever working). And they are currently TTC no. 2. Her OH also has a son from a previous relationship that he apparently cant afford to look after so he live with her OH's mum. So why on earth are they trying for another when they cant afford the ones they have got? And why am I paying for her to sit at home & have children?! Not fair.

My OH said to me last night that just think when we have a baby it will have everything it ever needs and that theirs will live a meagre lifestyle. Made me feel better thinking of it like that.

xxx

I totally agree. It really bugs me when ppl just have babies and life off the gov. but at the same time i wouldnt be happy with that life. yeah they get enough money to live on but the majority of them dont have money to really live i.e. holidays, outings and buying clothes etc and not really having to worry about the costs. Also I want to set a good example to my children and have them grow up to be independant and be able to support themselves and have a happy and fulfilled life, not just be a dole waller. No offence to anyone in that situation but im sure that if they had the choice they would not choose to be in that situation.

I totally agree. It really bugs me when ppl just have babies and life off the gov. but at the same time i wouldnt be happy with that life. yeah they get enough money to live on but the majority of them dont have money to really live i.e. holidays, outings and buying clothes etc and not really having to worry about the costs. Also I want to set a good example to my children and have them grow up to be independant and be able to support themselves and have a happy and fulfilled life, not just be a dole waller. No offence to anyone in that situation but im sure that if they had the choice they would not choose to be in that situation.

Yeah thats my take on it.

They dont have the things we do. They dont own a house, or even a car. They have a rubbish old small TV. They cant afford holidays or weekends away. I know its gonna be worth the wait in the end for us. Its just frustrating sometimes!

xxx

i dont get jealous as i would hate people to be jealous of me, i just say to myself one day it wil be me and im happy for them.

I don't get jealous, but I do want to ask loads of questions! I have to stop myself, so they don't get suspicious!

Well its true that being prepared gives you an advantage, and those people who have kids just to use up government dole are ratchet, but i feel bad for the young girls whose families disown them who are homeless, yet dont want to kill their unborn babies, what other choices do they have? so so sad...

I get jealous of my pregnant friends.
And my engaged friends.
And my friends in college.
And my friends with better jobs than me.

lol. I feel like I am stuck where I am now.

my bfs bro and wife jus had a baby. he is adorable. we went to see him and i jus went all quiet and sed i ddnt wana hold him, but realy i jus wanted to pinch him lol and i keep seein pregnant women and babies EVERYWHERE

I just got a text to say my best friend is in labour!!! So excited for her but soooo jelous too and wish it was me :( OH just called me to say he is feeling really broody now after hearing about her and that he can't wait until its out turn. Really not helping my broodyness lol.

Aww Stacey how sweet that your OH is broody too! You got a date set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->