Does anyone else feel like...?

Chel

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like they influenced the physical/personal traits of their babies during their pregnancy or even conception?

I had my heart set on blue eyes, I'm the only person in my family except for my nanna who died last year who had blue eyes. My OH is Lebanese and has VERY dark features, his eyes are nearly black, he has black hair and dark olive skin (and looks oh-so-sexy, I think these middle-eastern men are an untapped resource of the tall dark and handsom man!!!) But, the downside of that I thought during my pregnancy that his leb features would overpower my caucasian ones and I end up with a pale leb baby... so... I convinced myself if Jasper had blue eyes it would enough that he would be 'my' baby.

So, for nearly 9 months solid I thought about blue eyes, I caught myself saying things like "if this baby knows whats good for it, it'll have blue eyes" and even though outwardly I was joking, inwardly I knew I'd have been disapointed with brown eyes... and that feeling made me feel guilty! But I REALLY wanted blue eyes!

Now, if we're out and about barely a day goes by when a stranger wont stop me with him and say "wow what beautiful blue eyes"... they're the bluest blue eyes I think I've ever seen, they're stunning saphire blue in natural light and a deep steelly blue indoors.

His hair was blonde at birth, but its starting to grow in darker and his skin tone is as dark as the skin on my arms and I'm in the sun ALL the time and he's had almost no sun exposure to his skin... so he's going to have remarkable colouring!

And I do wonder if all that hoping and praying actually effected the colour of his eyes? Maybe we have more control over these things that we think... its a forgotten inner knowledge of the modern age or something?

Anyone else feel this way?

I'll have to let you know :) I was hoping for a little girl with freckles like her daddy and strawberry blond hair. Freckles wouldnt appear until 3-4 years and her hair is too short to tell right now.

Looking at her picture on your avatar I think freckles would really suit her! She's such a cutie!

I thought my baby would have olive skin and black hair like me.
Instead she is my OH's twin and has blue eyes and light hair so far. Her body seems dark but her face is really light, so who knows?

hmmm, maybe - i really wanted my daughter to have olive skin, dark hair and eyes - like her daddy - and she does! woohoo!

not so much physical traits for us, she's just the spitting imagine of OH, but it seems the personality traits we thought about have come through. all the time i was pregnant me and james (DF) said she's going to be such a good happy little girl, who's really laid back, and she is! she's sooooooo laid back its untrue! just like james, i never wanted her to be highly strung like me! but i suppose she can always change, but atm she's just how we thought she would be :)

an example of how laid back she is - we go swimming lessons every week, when we get out its really cold and the babies cry and whine (fair enough its really cold and i whine too he he) but maddi lays back and goes to sleep whilst being dressed :dohh: x

It's pretty strange... I really thought that Lola will look me. I didn't even think about her dad :rofl:

It was just a given that she will be a little mini-me :dohh:

And actually she has the bluest eyes ever, she has blondish hair. None of it she got from me :lol:
I have very dark brown eyes and brownish hair...

However she is absolutely perfect.

It's so strange how you spend 9 months imagining the little person inside of you and they turn out to excede your wildest expectations. :)

Yes, I do. I soooooooo wanted Caitlyn to look like me and she's the spitting image. I wanted her to be skinny like her dad too! Which she is!!! :D

Well, Amy is the spit of her dad, but has my bright blue eyes and like you OP that also gets comments! But I think during pregnancy she controlled me as I would get so emotional and cry at anything, and she is very emotional. I think wishing something and having it happen can probably seem like you willed it, but it is probably coincidence, lol. :) x

Well, Amy is the spit of her dad, but has my bright blue eyes and like you OP that also gets comments! But I think during pregnancy she controlled me as I would get so emotional and cry at anything, and she is very emotional. I think wishing something and having it happen can probably seem like you willed it, but it is probably coincidence, lol. :) x

most probably! but its a nice thought!

I was convinced Hannah wouldn't look anything like me at all. With Stan being Chinese and me being Caucasian I figured that she'd look Chinese. But she's actually a really good mix of us. I don't think she looks completely Asian (yes it's there and you can see her daddy in her) but I think she also looks a lot like me (has my nose etc.) Oh and I wanted her to have her daddy's metabolism which so far it looks like she does :lol:

I was convinced Hannah wouldn't look anything like me at all. With Stan being Chinese and me being Caucasian I figured that she'd look Chinese. But she's actually a really good mix of us. I don't think she looks completely Asian (yes it's there and you can see her daddy in her) but I think she also looks a lot like me (has my nose etc.) Oh and I wanted her to have her daddy's metabolism which so far it looks like she does :lol:

From the pictures she looks like a perfect mix! She looks a bit asian but she looks quite caucasian! All round, she just looks beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->