Does anyone else feel this way?

lulu37688

Reaction score
I hate pumping. I’m one of those people who likes to have a little extra for a rainy day, a stocked pantry and a plan. I am pumping EXACTLY what she’s eating in a day – no more, no less and I have a freezer full – why am I stressed?
I used to pump more than what she needed, 5 oz at a time and had 20 for the day…I think my supply has regulated (I had oversupply in the beginning, so it’s just settled out now (4 months) and I’ve returned to work 3 days a week) since I’m now pumping 3-4 oz at a time.
I know I should be thankful, that I’m meeting her needs and some women can’t pump at all or don’t make enough. But I’m consumed with the thought of what if my supply drops more? What if her consumption increases? What if I fail?

I hate this. I love nursing, love love love it and the weekends and 2 days a week we’re together are heaven. But I detest my pump. And I know my stressing and attitude isn’t helping, but I can’t help it
Taking Fenugreek as well, no major difference noted.

Sorry for the kind of pointless post. Wanted to vent to those who might understand. I wish there was a support group for pumping moms!!!

Signed,
The crazy, overplanner, who should just accept what she is doing as ok.

I have no advice for you but to me it sounds like you are doing great!!!!! Don't stress Hun everything will be fine :hugs:

I always felt the same way about pumping. :dohh: I hated it. The longer I did it, the more I hated it. But I always made myself do it because I had to for my kids. I, too, haver oversupply issues. So, I ended up with a freezer full of milk -- usually a back up stash of about 100 oz. I kept it that way on purpose. I actually had to use it once when I went on a medication and had to pump and dump for a day.

Pumping stressed me out. I disliked everything about it. I didn't like trouble of it. I didn't like worrying about how much I was pumping -- why is it 2 oz less today?? What if 100 oz isn't enough? That will only last about 3 days. What if I have to pump and dump longer???? Why do I feel full but am not getting what I normally do?, etc etc. I hated the clean up. I hated remembering to take the milk home and freeze it. On and on...

I have no real solution to the problem other than just keep powering through it.

If it makes you feel any better, both my kids dropped all their expressed milk feeds by about 8 months old. (Though I go home to feed them on lunch break, so if you can't do that it might take longer).

And both times I have ended up with HUGE back up stashes that I will never use. I gave Otter's back up stash to a mom who wasn't able to breastfeed but wanted some breastmilk for her baby. I still have about 80 oz in the freezer for DK. I'll just leave it there for now. Every once in a while a sitter needs a bottle and they use that. And I don't have to worry about pumping to replace it. Very nice.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->