Does anyone else find it not particularly helpful...

Chel

Reaction score
... when people tell you you dont need to lose weight?

I walk EVERYWHERE and I've had a few people comment that I'm 'crazy' because of how much I walk - my response is that I've gain some baby weight and I'd like to lose it, so why catch a bus when somewhere is walking distance, right?

I'm not going hard out, all I do is push the pram wherever I go, I'm not running or sweating, I'm not even dieting! I just walk, because I figure its such a simple way to lose weight in a daily routine.

BUT people keep telling me I dont need to lose weight, enjoy it, you've just had a baby, take the pressure off, your not fat, blah blah blah.

And its not helpful. I've always gotten it from friends and such. AND YET when I have lost weight everyone tells me how amazing I look, what did you do, you look great, blah blah blah.

I feel almost like I wish people would say "good for you, thats a great idea" you know. Like, I almost feel like people feel like they HAVE to tell me I"M NOT FAT, which makes me think they think that I think I'm fat, which I dont... I've just gained 10 kilos during pregnancy (which is over 20pounds for those in the UK) and I'm happy to take my time losing that weight, but I would like it gone!

Anyway, thats my rant - sorry if I sound like a whiney girl - I know that people mean well, it just feels like people are discouraging me from doing HEALTHY excersize!

:hug: i so understand how you feel, i get people telling me all the time i dont need to lose weight that i look fine etc, but i still weigh more than i did before i got preg and i wasnt quite happy then, obviously i could be bigger, but the fact that im not happy in myself should be enough shouldnt it, i think people think its what you want to hear whether they actually mean it or not which usually isnt the case.. tbh, id rather people say to me "youve put on a bit of weight linz" to me that would be more suportive lol, just do what you feel is right and ignore anyone else, i bet theyd probably have something to say if you didnt do anythin :rofl: usually the case xxx

:hugs: i dont get that I dont need to lose weight but I do get... its ok for you you have just had a baby.... urrrr hello like 7 months ago!! Doesnt mean I dont want to feel and look nice anymore!!

People are just odd.... :grr:

:hugs: i dont get that I dont need to lose weight but I do get... its ok for you you have just had a baby.... urrrr hello like 7 months ago!! Doesnt mean I dont want to feel and look nice anymore!!

I get the "you just had a baby"

It weird, because THAT particular comment comes mostly from people who haven't had a baby themselves - or its been a while since they did.

I did have one friend who was supportive... she commented that if I dont sort myself out now I wont ever get my shape back, if I intend on having another baby next year - so get to work girl!

THATS what I need to here! Motivation! Not excuses!

big :hugs: sweetie! i agree its not helpful at all, they should be encouraging for you - i think its a great idea :hugs: i wish someone would tell me i don't need to lose weight :rofl:

I get the "you just had a baby"

It weird, because THAT particular comment comes mostly from people who haven't had a baby themselves - or its been a while since they did.

I did have one friend who was supportive... she commented that if I dont sort myself out now I wont ever get my shape back, if I intend on having another baby next year - so get to work girl!

THATS what I need to here! Motivation! Not excuses!

oh yes the girls who havent had a baby and are really only carrying a little bit of winter weight!!

:hissy:

My OH keeps buying my chocolate and saying I dont need to lose anymore weight :rofl:

I've put on 6lbs this year already, I need to lose it!

My husband doesnt help me either he always says i look great as i am which is far from the truth i can tell you!!lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->