Does anyone else find this a bit ridiculous?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
One of these is going around my FB again:

10173587_10152352665455979_2894306873602133265_n.jpg

There seems to be a new variation every few months. I get that it hurts, but the MOST painful thing? Really? I'm guessing these people haven't seen Theon's fate in GOT.

Or do you think it's true?

Theons fate lol ouch.

I do think it hurts a lot but not sure what the point of posting that picture on fb is? Maybe some women feel the need to prove themselves and their pain threshold in some way? No idea! :lol:

I have noticed a few variations of this and I don't get it either.

I found getting a tattoo more painful!

Poor Theon...there was a man not so long ago where that happened to him. He was found wandering along the A66 (where I drive to work) looking for his missing apendage. I can image that being a bit more painful.

There's one that claims that labour is measured by whatever really high measure. As far as I'm aware there is no pain measure as pain is relative.
Also I found that although labour did hurt I wouldn't say it was the most painful thing in world. I have had worse!
Tbh I hate any of those random things on fb labour related or something else. I especially hate the "like if you love your child/mum/dad etc" like they need some sort of proof that they love them.

I found having kidney stones a lot more painful than labour :lol:

There's one that claims that labour is measured by whatever really high measure. As far as I'm aware there is no pain measure as pain is relative.
Also I found that although labour did hurt I wouldn't say it was the most painful thing in world. I have had worse!
Tbh I hate any of those random things on fb labour related or something else. I especially hate the "like if you love your child/mum/dad etc" like they need some sort of proof that they love them.

Oh my god I hate those! The like if you love your child ones are the absolute worst. Like who even comes up with that crap?!

Yeah I've seen the pain decibel thingy. It's so silly. If the human body cannot actually bear it then how do we bare it daily?! :dohh:

I had a CS but i still think these comparisons are ridiculous. the one i know is like getting multiple bone fractured. They are two different sorts of pain. it is like comparing, whacking yourself with a hammer or cutting yourself with a sharp object.

Having a ruptured appendix while pregnant yup much,much worse!!!

God the pain and all they kept saying to me was "Are you sure your not in labour!?!?" Morons!!!!

Hate those sorts of things! At the end of the day, does it matter? It's not a competition! Say someone was complaining of awful crushing chest pain and it turned out they were having a heart attack, you'd hardly say to them afterwards, "Weeeellll, I gave birth so I've had worse pain than that!" No one in their right mind even try and compare the two totally different pains!

I haven't really ever been ill so not had worse pain than labour but plenty of people say other things are worse for them especially kidney stones and gallstones from what I've heard. I think it's hard to say when you've only got one pain at a time so whichever one you have at that time is probably going to feel like the worst one.

I would rather give birth again than have any dental work done, goes through me.

I've heard on the scientific pain scale it is the same as 22 bones breaking at once or something, but I dont think it can be compared, we have hormones that help us mentally deal with it, we know beforehand techniques etc. don't get me wrong I am sure some women genuinely have labours that are right up there in the pain stakes, but my labours I didn't find it that horrendous, pushing is the easiest bit for me and my contractions didn't even get full pelt second time around, I would do it again, I wouldn't want to experience the pain of 22 broken bones...

I reckon my after pains however were WORSE than being burned alive lol. (Joke, but close!)

Yes it hurt and at the time I did think I was gunna die :rofl: but definitely not the most painful thing you can experience, I found the pain to be exactly the same as IBS cramps!

Pain is subjective so it really makes no sense. I've never experienced any pain worse than my labour and I can't imagine I ever will. Having 22 bones broken or being burned alive sounds like a welcome alternative to me :lol:

Pain is subjective so it really makes no sense. I've never experienced any pain worse than my labour and I can't imagine I ever will. Having 22 bones broken or being burned alive sounds like a welcome alternative to me :lol:

Also the length of time, having 22 bones break would be pretty quick, some women's labours are epically long and can be unrelenting, I had short labours which makes it much more manageable. I would never say to anyone is is easy or not "too painful" it depends on the woman, the position of baby etc etc.

Also, it would be interesting to see the response in baby club vs toddler club, I think we would get much more painful memories from baby club on the whole the memory of pain in labour dissipates with time, if you asked me 4 months ago I probably would have said worst pain ever, now I wouldn't. Other women probably have much clearer memories of it!

I didn't "like" the pain of my contractions but I actually found them more bearable than my period pains. I don't know if that was because of the mindset that the pains were "doing" something positive or what but because my labour progressed really slowly I didn't get nausea or terrifying cascade contractions so EXHAUSTING would be my description rather than painful. All labours are different though.

I do remember watching a TV programme a few weeks after giving birth about a man who got his arm stuck in farm machinery. The machine was trying to chew more of his arm further and further in, and he was pulling against it until finally the machine caught fire and started burning his flesh. He ended up using his pen knife to cut off his own arm (using his body weight to break his upper arm bone off once the flesh had been cut) and then running to the nearest road for help. I remember thinking THAT has to be painful - I'll take labour over that anyday!

Also the length of time, having 22 bones break would be pretty quick, some women's labours are epically long and can be unrelenting, I had short labours which makes it much more manageable. I would never say to anyone is is easy or not "too painful" it depends on the woman, the position of baby etc etc.

Also, it would be interesting to see the response in baby club vs toddler club, I think we would get much more painful memories from baby club on the whole the memory of pain in labour dissipates with time, if you asked me 4 months ago I probably would have said worst pain ever, now I wouldn't. Other women probably have much clearer memories of it!

Yeah that's true. After having Lucas I said there was absolutely no way I'd go through it again, I said some very awful things about my Mum for having more than one child and slagged off some poor lass I knew who was planning another baby because she must have obviously had some sort of screw loose :lol:
When people told me it was worth the pain I said "I'm not sure yet, we'll see" :blush: But now I'd definitely consider another so the memory does fade!

I never said never again, the 42 weeks before hand were far worse than 26 hour labour and birth (only had 2 cocodamol no gas and air).
I agree I was utterly exhausted though but that soon passed. Never before or since have I woken 2am sat morning and not gone to bed till midnight on Sunday.
Xx

I guess labour on the whole is natural compared to eg a kidney infection (I can't compare) in a sense isn't natural to your body iykwim...
Oh yes when I first saw the dentist for a proper clean after I had ds1 they said bit might b "uncomfortable" (pfftt!) And I thought to myself its OK I've given birth.. Well I'm glad I kept that thought to myself! And my labour with ds1 wasn't the easiest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->