Does anyone else find this a bit ridiculous?

I hate seeing these comparisons too, pain is so relative to each person, and each type of pain is different in its own way. As others have mentioned, you don't compare giving birth to someone whose been through a heart attack or something similar, and think to yourself that you've been through worse than them. That's ridiculous.

Having said that, for me personally, giving birth was definitely the most painful thing I've ever been through. But I'm also a healthy individual, never had any other surgeries aside from wisdom teeth, never had major burns, etc to compare the pain of birth to.

My mom has had kidney stones several times and commented that she thought they were far worse than giving birth.

It is ridiculous because everyone handles pain differently. Most of my friends say labour isn't as painful as people make out, however I beg to differ :lol:. I was induced though & actually passed out in pain at one point!

I can't speak to it personally- as I had a planned C-section and it was painfree (during the birth part). The recover was for sure the worst pain I've personally experience- but even that wasn't horrid. But I've had friends who said their kidney stone being passed was WAY worse than labor.

Again- just what I've been told. But every woman (let alone persons) pain tolerance can very a lot. My first tattoo I wanted to scream bloody murder (haha- yup) but my friend, who got her's in the same spot, said it just burned a bit. :haha: Probably a good thing I had a section then! btw- I did have 2 other tattoos, and they weren't AS bad. Probably just my first time jitters- and being that I was in my 20's ;) haha

I think it's different for everyone. I know people who have told me giving birth was like a bad period pain for them. For me it was definitely the worst pain I've ever experienced, it was like someone threaded a fishhook through all my organs and was just yanking down. I had a dry labour though and was induced after about 20 horus.

I personally have no idea what labor feels like but I've had a few painful things I'm sure I could compare it to.

I hate them sorts of things full stop on Facebook..

Labour was the worst pain I've have but there are worse things than labour

It does bloody hurt buti hate those things too lol especially the love your mum etc ones xx

I agree pain is relative to each person and to say this pain or that pain is the worst is silly. Personally I found labour pains easy to deal with as I focused on getting my baby. I have had muscular back pain that is much much worse

Omg and having worked in a&e my general experience was that kidney stones was the worst pain, people were literally crawling the walls

I agree pain is relative to each person and to say this pain or that pain is the worst is silly. Personally I found labour pains easy to deal with as I focused on getting my baby. I have had muscular back pain that is much much worse

Actually I agree with you on that one. I have suffered with back pain which was crippling, literally. I was on Codeine, Paracetamol & Ibuprofen, didn't even touch the pain! Give me labour any day over that! Accupuncture worked wonders for the back, highly recommend it!

I remember thinking after giving birth that labour wasn't as painful as I expected but it was much harder work. Really should have looked for the clue in the name!

I remember thinking after giving birth that labour wasn't as painful as I expected but it was much harder work. Really should have looked for the clue in the name!

When pregnant with ds1 I was told they call it labour for a reason

Yeah definitely not as bad as getting flayed or your bits chopped off.

Kidney stones are worse than back labour.

My back labour with Sophie was the worst pain I have ever been through, it felt like my spine was being torn apart. My son was a back labour too but I had an epi with him haha.

I had a easy birth with Bethany, it wasn't too bad at all.

I would still rather stub my toe a thousand times over than go through the pain I did with Sophie again though. If there is anything worse... well it makes me shudder to imagine it.

I one hundred percent agree with the kidney stone thing, I dont make noises in labour but I was screaming with that, I curled up in a ball on the bus. It was horrific.

I don't think it was painful at all, just hard work !

Reading this has made me dread the thought of kidney stones :/

^ its really rare for young healthy women to get kidney stones! I had them at 19 & was very close to getting my appendix out as I was in the total wrong demographic for kidney stones.

The worst pain I have ever felt was breaking my collar bone. Give me labour any day of he week over that! I actually enjoy being in labour

Yes, that's ridiculous and not accurate. I'm pregnant with my eighth baby...if it was that pregnant to give birth I'd have had my tubes tied a long time ago, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->