Does anyone else find this a bit ridiculous?

Oops-I meant "If it was that painful", not "If it was that pregnant". D'oh. My two year old was trying to climb into my lap as I was typing-I blame him, lol.

I think labour is a different kind of pain to any other you experience though. Most pain you don't know if/when it's going to stop and whilst with labour you don't know when it's going to stop, you do know there is an end point and when you get there you will have the most precious amazing reward for the pain. I always thought of it as a positive pain, each contraction one step closer to my baby but other pain there is no reward, there is no positives, it's just pain. Pretty sure I would of coped with the kidney stones better had there been a baby at the end of it :haha:

Oooh I hate these things! The absolute worse is the one which says "the human body can only take 30 made-up-measurements of pain. During labour a woman experiences a hundred million billion made-up-measurements of pain". Sure. Sure they do :dohh :dohh:.
I've had pain worse than the pain of labour and pain which wasn't as bad as labour but I still would have taken labour over, because with labour you know it's going to end soon and it's a positive experience rather than a "that bone doesn't go there" experience.

For me it wasn't so much labour but the literally being ripped a new one that was the most painful experience I've had and the recovery from it!

I'd take childbirth over proper toothache anyday! I had both at the same time when i was having Evelyn and i wanted the drugs for the tooth!

For me birth was the most painful thing I ever experienced. I would certainly say being burned alive was more painful.

At the time it was happening, yes it was the most painful thing ever but reflecting back on it I'd rather give birth than have to deal with my wisdom tooth pain or standing on a Lego.

My colposcopy - well the biopsy part, and then the injections inmy cervix for the lletz was worse. A lot worse.
I fainted during my colposcopy.
Xx

Deffo not the worst pain ever.. although after having two babies I can see how some people think it feels like their period and others are screaming... my first was sore. My second was agony :/

BUT my sister has stepped on a plug so hard she had to pull it out :/ don't fancy that hahaha

Deffo not the worst pain ever.. although after having two babies I can see how some people think it feels like their period and others are screaming... my first was sore. My second was agony :/

BUT my sister has stepped on a plug so hard she had to pull it out :/ don't fancy that hahaha

Oh man that sounds freaking awful!!

Oh man that sounds freaking awful!!

OMG ouch. I think the thought of a paper cut scares me more than a contraction, hate the b******ds!

I personally have never experienced anything more painful than labour, but that's just me.
Agreed that the meme thing is pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->