Does anyone else get affected by baby dreams?

Aurora CHK

Praying for my rainbow
Reaction score
Hello ladies

I just wondered if anybody else has dreams about babies/pregnancy, that then affect them in their waking life?

I dreamt last night that I had a baby, and its totally affected me emotionally today. I know why it happened: obvs cos I am NTNP, but also because yesterday I had my kitten spayed and was worrying about her all day and fussing her all evening, and also a programme I watched before bed had a baby/parenthood story in it.

However today I am close to tears all day because I feel I am 'missing' my baby. It was so real, and with the 'time dilation' effect I feel like I had a week of having a baby, a relationship with her, experienced breastfeeding, holding her, taking care of her when she was ill and so on. Now she's just gone. :cry:

Does anybody else ever get this? I feel so silly but it really hurts. :nope:

Yes! I've had this a few times and felt like i'd 'bonded'. And then i'd wake up to find bubs not real :cry: its really upsetting. Sometimes it can put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day, they seem so real!

Yes, I have definitely had this. In May I had a really early miscarriage at 5wks, and for weeks had dreams like that, and then would almost start crying seeing babies in church or playing with other people's kids.

Right now for me it is having dreams of BFP test after the next, even in my dreams I can't believe it, so I keep retesting, and it is for sure positive! Then I wake up, test, and get a BFN. I also had a dream that my sister called me to tell me she was pregnant with her third, so I went and tested and found out I was too!

Such good dreams, such a painful reality...

Hang in there, and keep your prayers joyful. :hugs:

Aw Aurora! :hugs: I have had this happen, but it's not very often.

More often, I actually spend the day with my friend and her baby boy, and then come home to my empty house and just sit around and cry. Everyone always comments when I'm with them, saying that he looks like he's mine.

100311191411.jpg

You can't tell in that picture, but he's got red hair that looks just like mine. I have been around him, spending so much time with him since he was born, and I'm so in love with the little guy, I just wish he was mine! That probably sounds PSYCHOTIC! But he's my little dude! I jump at every chance at spending my time with him and babysitting him and whatnot, that when I leave him to go back home it actually feels like I've left my baby... :(

I have had this happen, a few times. I even had a dream where I was breastfeeding... and I wasn't even really thinking about having a baby when these dreams were happening.

Thanks ladies. It helps to know I'm not the only one, although I am of course sad for you all also experiencing these things. Its just not the kind of thing you can really ask for sympathy for with your other friends who don't 'get' the broodiness thing (yet!) - 'I'm sad that my imaginary baby from my dream isn't real' doesn't quite capture the intensity of feeling, joy and meaningfulness of bonding etc, and subsequent feeling of 'loss' when they just vanish into thin air with the morning mist. NOT comparing this to a real life loss, of course. Just want to make that very clear.

MercifulJoy, that sounds so emotionally challenging to keep having those dreams over and over after your tragic loss, I really hope you get your real BFP again soon and a happy and healthy 9+ months of pregnancy. I'm really happy for you that your faith keeps you strong and comforted.
There was an aspect of my dream that I am interpreting as being a message of hope from 'the divine', which is comforting me also (in my dream I named the baby 'Inanna', which is the name for an ancient patron goddess of fertility, I discovered yesterday! I hope this is telling me that I am not infertile, as I worry about).

TwilightAgain: I'm sorry too that you also get these dreams - they really do spoil the whole day eh? Well, maybe spoil is the wrong word, but they certainly affect my mood all day - in fact I think I'm still a little delicate today...

I'll be seeing my (newly pregnant) sister and her toddler (my niece and god-daughter) tonight, which will be wonderful, if a teeny weeny bit bittersweet but only a bit. I love my sister to bits and I'm thrilled for her, particularly as she also had an early mc recently, and the more babies in my life the better I think - will help me learn more about them and hopefully also encourage my husband more into the 'TRY' and less the 'PREVENT' camp! I know what you mean Jess about the love you have for your friend's son. When my niece looks into my eyes with smiles of delight when we are playing together, its the most precious thing ever! I just want to eat her up, she's so delicious!

HitGirl: the breastfeeding part of the dream is the most significant part I think, in terms of how I feel. It was so incredibly intimate. I just well up thinking about it. DEFINITELY not dinner party chat!

Roll on the real-life bundle of joy, for all of us!

:hug: to everyone. I've had 2 dreams about the same baby boy, they were amazing. I was completely torn both times once I woke up and it was all taken away from me. I was so emotional.
We all deserve to be mummies and I hope we get our bfp soon x :hugs: x

I have dreams all the time that I'm pregnant , and I'm always so emotional the next day.

Gosh I do this too.

And it affects me the rest of the day too.

They are so *real*. Sometimes I will even feel pain in my dream, of giving birth etc.....

I've never posted before, I'm usually just a forum stalker but Im so glad I'm not alone with the intense baby dreams, I always dream I'm breastfeeding, and although I've never done it it feels so real and so unfair that it isn't true. I wish my brain would stop playing tricks on me!

i am 18 years old and for about 2 years now i have had the same dream on and off about myself giving birth to a perfectly healthy little girl at 6 pound 7 and a half oz. in the dream i name her jessica and she has blonde hair. the dream only lasts until i take her home from the hospital. it has been effecting me mentally and emotionaly for years. im too young to be having these dream but i dont think there is anything i can do about them. in the dream i feel the contraction pains and labor pains and on most nights wake up in tears. i really do feel sorry for every one who has this as well. as i said im only 18 and i should be enjoying wanting to go to sleep at night and hanging about with friends but until they stop i dont think i can.

if there is any advice you can give me ladies on how to cope with this better then it would be much appreciated. thanks

Hi Rachhh, I don't know what to suggest really, dreams just can't be managed it's so frustrating! Is there anyone you can talk to that you trust to just listen and be supportive? Do you feel broody in real life as well and do you spend a lot of time when awake thinking about having a baby? If so, this will be spilling over into your dreams and maybe if you want to get rid of the dreams you will need to find a way to focus on other things in your waking life too? I don't really know though, I'm just trying to think of things that migth help :hugs: I've been having more weird dreams recently, last week I dreamt I was finally pregnant but discovered at the same time that I had Aids, and that I should survive pregnancy and be able to have a healthy baby but wouldn't live long after that :shrug:

Last night I dreamt that I discovered my DH was 'taking the pill' (which in my dream worked similarly to the women's pill eg we had sex normally but I wouldn't fall pregnant, because it somehow neutralised his sperm's fertility) and I was so angry and sad to realise that he was actively preventing us (me) from becoming pregnant, when I'd thought we were really properly TTC and that he was committed to it too.

I know its because I'm so focused on it. I just have to remember that although it hurts now, odds are on that I WILL have a baby one day, and to relax a bit about it would probably help with the dreams side of things.

This happens to people who look forward to having babies soon. It should not worry you. its normal and in order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->