Does anyone else have a traditional dinner on boxing day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally a beef dinner and yorkshire puds or turkey again with OH's dad and partner x

Then at night someone normally as a buffet on with cold meats etc :lol:

What's Boxing Day?? :blush: We don't celebrate that in the US.

Yeah, Boxing Day threw me when I first moved to the UK... Mom says it is something to do with sorting out the mess you made the day before or something... I don't think she knows, either!! I see it as another excuse to eat too much and watch TV all day. :rofl:

I've only been living with Kevin a year now, so we're still making traditions and such... but if it is anything like last year, we'll end up eating all the candy we were given the day before, and pretty much anything else still left in the house. :blush: I'm off bread right now, so turkey sandwiches would be out anyway... but last year we got enough for one meal and didn't have any leftovers at all once Bailey polished off the last pieces of meat! I told Kevin, 'it is Christmas for dogs, too! Even if they don't know what it is.' When there is a Labrador in the house, 'leftovers' is a word you erase from your personal dictionary. :roll: I may make an effort to actually do something a little more balanced this year, on account of Baby Bean... or rather, I may make Kevin actually do something a little more balanced this year, 'cause I ain't doin' meals that big two days in a row!! [-( :blush:

Christmas Eve - Roast Ham
Christmas Day - Roast Turkey
Boxing day - Roast beef
Following fortnight - cold meat... and more cold meat!

We have a big boiled ham, served cold with any cold meat left from Xmas day and pork pie, pickles and chutneys. Yummy!! :happydance:

We have curry (turkey) every boxing day.

Clartylou x

We have a dinner the same as christmas day but then its turkey salads and sandwiches for god knows how long afterwards lol but we have a dinner again on new years.

Cold meats with veggies normally parsnips and carrot/swede mashed together, pickles and bubble and squeak yummy yummy

:hug:

We alwayssss have cold plates on Boxing day. left over turkey and like mustard/potato/pasta/beet salad, etc etc. Yummmm

Turkey, Beans and home made chips. I look forward to that more than Christmas dinner.

We always have lamb for boxing day every one is to there own really :)
xmas day its the turkey roast and a salad in the evening :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->