Does anyone else have spelling/grammar pet peeves?

i don't know why but the one i always see on this forum is:

formular....

i don't know why, it just really gets to me!!!

Maybe I missed this in my skimming, but I can't believe no one has said "where" and "at" in the same sentence. THAT is my biggest pet peeve.

"Where is the computer at?" IS NOT grammatically correct. "Where" is already designating "place"! There is no need for "at" which ALSO designates "place"! :thumbup:

I work as a nurse, and one girl at work constantly writes things such as 'Pt had a gud nite'.
She has been to university and gained a degree in nursing, yet she is totally unable to spell basic words on a LEGAL document!!

lol we have a nurse who writes notes like theyre her diary or something :dohh:

'jimmy really enjoyed his mince and tatties at lunch and i gave him a shave which he also enjoyed and is looking forward to visiting times to see his wife' :shrug:

:haha:

This made me laugh as we have a doctor who does this too:
"looking great! Has a new boyfriend who works in fashion. Thinking of taking a holiday to Kenya" etc.
Half a page of social commentary and one line of medical summary relating to the appointment.

I only get a bit annoyed when there's loads of poor spelling and grammar in professional letters. What annoys me much more though is when people make a big deal about others using bad punctuation and spelling, as, almost always, they have loads of mistakes in their postings themselves.

Bargin!!!

Advise instead of Advice!!!

V xxx

I have too many to mention. I'm glad it isn't just me :)

But my main two are there/their and your/you're.

Yes, I do xD.
it drives me nuts when people write "should of" when it should be "should have " or should've Should of just doesn't make any sense :haha:

Yes! Lots. It really annoys me when people put to meaning too or two!

The only thing I get annoyed with is the fact the spell check is american and keeps telling me words are incorrect on FB when actually they are not wrong at all.

Midnight Fairy - TOTALLY agree with this!! That drives me nuts! The words just don't look right without their missing "u"s! :haha:

I haven't had time to read the whole thread, but I absolutely hate spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. My biggest pet peeves were mentioned in the first few posts. One other that irritates me and seems to be used all over this forum is "I done it" instead of "I did it". Highly annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->