Does anyone else lose brain cells around the time of AF?

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
As the title says.

Every time AF is due it's like my brain falls asleep and air replaces any common sense I once possessed.

Today whilst out shopping I was looking at the eggs and checking for cracks when I noticed the sticker said "6 large hens eggs". My mind could not distinguish the difference between a chicken and a hen, DH assures me a hen is a female chicken, I'm still not convinced but when a couple turned and looked at me when I asked DH the question I went along with it. "Of course a hen is a chicken, blonde moment"

Then, whilst watching this morning, there was a couple on there who had married as man and woman but the husband then became a woman, my first idiocy was asking DH if that now made the original wife a lesbian? (If anyone can answer that I'd be grateful, not that I have an issue of course, if their happy that's all that matters it's just genuine curiosity). They then went on to say that their first marriage was in a church, then after the sex change they had a civil ceremony (making them civil partners) but plan to marry in a church again when same sex marriages are allowed. So I then asked my DH if we were husband and wife, or civil partners, because we had a civil ceremony :dohh:

It happens every month. I'm not ok with it at all :rofl:

I swear during that "time" my depth perception is WAY off- I will literally run into walls or furniture or ram my hand or fingers into things- as though I have NO clue they are even there? It's crazy! It rarely every happens any other time of my life! :haha:

Ah hormones! They some crazy A$$ stuff to us!

BTW- a hen is a female chicken haha... as for the civil ceremony, it would seem they are doing that for themselves. Not sure how that all works tbh though- legally speaking. If he was born a man- then on his birth cert. it would state that- so their marriage would still be legal- unless he got papers to update his 'Sex' so that he's now a woman and that is why they are waiting for equality in marriage to pass? I work with a woman (who was born male) but not exactly something I'd feel comfy asking her! Maybe if we bond more ;) I do think curiosity is fine... all humans are equal. So silly to me to distiguish amongst different life choices. Maybe eventually our government will catch up with the times! haha

So what's a male chicken called :shrug:?

They were totally doing it for themselves. They were basically on the show to say, this is ok, it shouldn't be taboo, we are people and that's that. They seemed like a lovely couple i was just genuinely interested, they were so in love it was lovely to watch :cloud9:

Roosters :) Chicken is just a more generic term. I know right?! So silly.

That is sweet they spoke up about their love... so great to see any couple in love and happy and all that mushy stuff-- even though I'm not really mushy personally! :haha:

For fear of sounding even more stupid, if a female chicken is called a hen and male chicken is called a rooster then what on earth is a cockerel?

This just gets harder and harder :rofl:

I would guess that couple would now call themselves a lesbian couple. We have close friends who are a lesbian couple. One of them is transgender. She got a new birth certificate. I think that's a pretty legitimate question!

The hen and chicken one though.... lol. That's okay though. I'm the same! AF makes me ditzy.

:rofl: I feel ya. I get all mushy brained around then. I also have the running into walls and whatnot issue as well. :dohh:

I would think that if they stay in the relationship, then yep, the one that was female to begin with is now considered, technically, a lesbian.

And no clue what a cockerel is :haha:

A rooster is a fully grown male chicken, a cockerel is an immature male chicken (not to be confused with some human men are immature and behave like cocks haha). A hen is a female chicken.

I assume the original wife is technically a lesbian if a label is necessary but since she married a man I would say she probably doesn't have lesbian tendencies naturally - she's staying in a relationship with someone she loves is all. So lesbian is probably the wrong label. I don't think it matters or needs defining.

You and your oh are husband and wife lol.

I don't really get scatterbrained around AF (pregnancy and lack of sleep with newborn is a different matter, last night I told oh that two rights don't make a wrong, technically correct I suppose but wasn't really the point I was trying to make lol) however I get very clumsy, a few days before AF I will be black and blue from constantly walking into things!

I'm just clumsy. Lucy had no bottles made and I managed to knock over a bottle that I'd just put formula in to. We have to cool water to room temp before adding, so this was a very bad mistake as I would have to wait ages to make another! I've poured boiling hot water onto the kitchen side rather than in my cup before. Went to put the milk in the freezer..

Another one is I walked into a door.. I bang my head that often I literally don't really feel it :haha:

A rooster is a fully grown male chicken, a cockerel is an immature male chicken (not to be confused with some human men are immature and behave like cocks haha). A hen is a female chicken.

I assume the original wife is technically a lesbian if a label is necessary but since she married a man I would say she probably doesn't have lesbian tendencies naturally - she's staying in a relationship with someone she loves is all. So lesbian is probably the wrong label. I don't think it matters or needs defining.

You and your oh are husband and wife lol.

I don't really get scatterbrained around AF (pregnancy and lack of sleep with newborn is a different matter, last night I told oh that two rights don't make a wrong, technically correct I suppose but wasn't really the point I was trying to make lol) however I get very clumsy, a few days before AF I will be black and blue from constantly walking into things!

I totally agree, a label ISN'T necessary I was just interested, I'm not pointing a finger to give a label just curious. Makes no difference to me as I said previously as long as their happy that's all that matters to me it was just a question, not a judgement :flower:

I'm just clumsy. Lucy had no bottles made and I managed to knock over a bottle that I'd just put formula in to. We have to cool water to room temp before adding, so this was a very bad mistake as I would have to wait ages to make another! I've poured boiling hot water onto the kitchen side rather than in my cup before. Went to put the milk in the freezer..

Clumsy also happens.

Today I've put the milk in the cupboard, cereal in the fridge.

My colleague at work was telling me about a cleaning company called domesticats, to which I replied "they'd be no good for me I don't have any cats" :dohh:

I feel like I just need to be locked into a room until it's all over :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->