Does anyone else need a pat on the back?

TTLiveADream

Reaction score
Hello There! Yes, you! Breastfeeding/Pumping/Sore/Tired/Chapped/Smelling-Like-Maple-Syrup/Feeling like a cow Mommy!

YOU ARE AWESOME!! GOOD JOB!

I just packed my pump away after 6 months of near exclusive pumping. I am exhausted and I couldn't do it anymore and I would have set it on fire if it wasn't so damn expensive. No one around me seems to care, but I do! I feel like a super hero (I fed my baby...with my body for goodness sake). It was the most difficult thing I have ever done (aside from growing a human).

So.....if any of you are feeling unappreciated or like you deserve a medal...you do deserve one. I think you are just great and I know your sacrifice.

God bless boobs (and pumps and sanitizers and fenugreek and nipple cream and sweet chubby breastfed baby cheeks).

Great post!

I had to take LO to hospital last week and she needed feeding whilst I was there, when the Dr came in and saw her feeding he said "Well done mummy"
Such a small thing but it really made my day!

X

What a lovely post, I loved reading this! I was really determined to breastfeed this time, after problems with my first baby. I'm so proud of myself, but I also feel like no one else really cares.

Six months exclusive pumping is extra amazing. I couldn't do that. Well done you! I hope you'll sell your pump and get yourself a big reward, rather than set it on fire!

Well done you!

I'm only on day 6 but feel like I've really achieved something so far!! :D

X

Well done!
We are on week three (almost 4) and had a very difficult start but I was determined not to give up after failing to breastfeed my first dd so stuck with it and it is now starting to get a lot better so I am so glad I stuck with it!

2 weeks in for me, so still early days. However, after hearing other mums in hospital giving up straight away, I'm on the right track:)

Good for you Dream! I am starting to pump to get ready to go back to work and what a hassle! I could never exclusively pump, you are amazing!

I am patting myself on the back today because I have made it just over one month breastfeeding!!!

I was so sad I couldn't BF my daughter-it just didn't work for us at ALL. I was exited and scared to have another chance with my son. It came so EASY. Pretty freakin proud right now. :D

My son was exclusively fed/pumped for for five months. These past two weeks he has had half formula to build my stash back up in the freezer. We will go back exclusive with formula for one bottle at daycare should he need it. It's hard but it looks like I will make my goal to six months. I might try to 9 months then who knows, maybe the full year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->