Does anyone else never get positive OPKs?

Lottielouf

Reaction score
So I haven’t been using OPKs for that long but so far I’ve never had a positive.

last cycle was A mess and a likely didn’t ovulate at all but the cycle before that was normal but I still didn’t get a positive :shrug:

I get the usual EWCM etc and I am now tempting this cycle.

So far this cycle my chart looks normal from what I can gather...no EWCM yet and no positive OPKs...in fact they’re allover the place with how dark the lines are despite me testing twice a day and the same times...

I am using one step OPKs and have heard horror stories...could this just be the issue?

Any advice Welcome at this point xx

Post your chart and i'll check it out. It can mean a lot of things to not get positives unfortunately.

I’ve just started using opks again this cycle. I had one dark on the 10th July...then nothing. Last 3 days have been super dark but none positive. This cycle has been all over the place for me. I’ve used them before for babies 1 and 3 and never had anything like this despite irregular cycles,

Post your chart and i'll check it out. It can mean a lot of things to not get positives unfortunately.
Hopefully you can see that?

thanks for taking a look...my cycles have only recently become irregular/long so I’m hoping this is just a long cycle... my bloods showed nothing untoward that I had done last month and I’m getting a bit disheartened by this TTC business :shrug:

B5078C56-92F9-4E9B-9EA8-11B514D0CA78.png

Unfortunately it does look anovulatory. The good news is it looks like you have steady hormones, rather than something like PCOS (which would give your chart a rocky mountains appearance). I'd consider asking for a full thyroid panel just in case (if that wasn't part of your blood work) and an ovulation inducer might be exactly the kick your ovaries need with steady hormone levels supporting them.

Unfortunately it does look anovulatory. The good news is it looks like you have steady hormones, rather than something like PCOS (which would give your chart a rocky mountains appearance). I'd consider asking for a full thyroid panel just in case (if that wasn't part of your blood work) and an ovulation inducer might be exactly the kick your ovaries need with steady hormone levels supporting them.
Thank you for looking, my last cycle was horrific and lasted over 50 days...I do have long cycles often so I guess I was crossing my fingers for a late ovulation this cycle :sad1:

My GP did a full blood panel which I insisted on and they found nothing at all...I’m not sure if stress plays a part but I have been under immense stress lately and was also told to lose weight by the doctor which could kick start ovulation ( I’m classed as overweight but a steady size 14)

I’ll do a bit of research.

I just hope this cycle isn’t as long as the last one because once I did get my period it was the worst I’ve ever had xx

That chart doesnt look like you Ovulated. You need to have labs done at the proper time in your cycle, it cant be willy nilly. When were they done?

I didnt get a Peak reading ( positive) OPK with my dd3. I did however have all the normal chart signs that indicate O, etc

I do have long cycles and have ovulated as late as CD20 before so I suppose there is still a chance

I had a full panel of bloods done mid cycle last time and was told to see how this cycle went (to see if it was just a one off) before doing the other bloods next cycle.

next cycle my bloods will be done on cd2-5 and then again on cd21 xx

I get almost positives and ovulate late like sometimes CD 22.. always have... Vitex has helped me, sometimes on it I ovulate CD 17ish instead. But use with caution as some people have said it totally messed their cycle up.

I get almost positives and ovulate late like sometimes CD 22.. always have... Vitex has helped me, sometimes on it I ovulate CD 17ish instead. But use with caution as some people have said it totally messed their cycle up.
I’ve heard of this but never looked into it...I take it no prescription is needed?xx

Nah it's just an herbal supplement you should be able to buy it online easily!! Deffo do some research first though to see if it sounds good for you and they say to wean off it slowly if you get pregnant on it because it can cause cramping and such

Nah it's just an herbal supplement you should be able to buy it online easily!! Deffo do some research first though to see if it sounds good for you and they say to wean off it slowly if you get pregnant on it because it can cause cramping and such
I will definitely do some research but for next cycle now I think if I don’t get my BFP!

I decided I wouldn’t stress about it today and I have just done a quick OPK before bed and I got a positive!:dance: I really wasn’t expecting it!

fingers crossed and baby dust to all :dust:

Temping helped me out a whole lot more with knowing what my body was doing than opk. I tested 2x a day to be safe- with pricy and internet tests- the cycle I was on femera- never had a positive. Chart looked good though. Got pregnant with my son, so absolutely had to have ovulated...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->