does anyone else OH...

robyn1990

Reaction score
...Work nights??

OH does 3 days, 3 nights, 3 off. All 7-7 shifts.
I feel so rubbish when he's not here, so alone, even though he'll be back by morning. Probably sound silly, just feel really down right now.

No, but he does shifts. I hate when he's on afternoons, he's out the house 1pm-11pm so I don't get any adult company before I go to bed. Mornings are much easier on me- 5am to 2:30pm- it's nice looking forward to him coming home, and there's more groups and stuff in the mornings to keep us occupied.

I understand what you mean, just love having him here, getting help with LO and the company. X

Not nights but he does 2-11pm twice a week. I feel exactly the same. Sometimes I just struggle through the evening until Imogens bedtime in tears. I hate it. I know you feel alone but remember you're not truly alone. You have bubs, and us ladies. Chin up hun xxxxx

My oh works nights we only spend a couple hours at night together and we have Friday and Saturday together all day and night Sunday day too then his back at work for 1O

I feel lonely at times but now I'm pretty used to it I wish he was around more to help with the baby but when his around be does help alot

No, but he is away a lot. He was away last night, then is away Monday night, back 9 pm Tuesday, goes away again 5am Weds until late morning on Saturday.

I just take the time he is away to be lazy and watch stuff on the TV he hates. :haha:

my OH works nights. I hate it. It was great before we had kids as we both did nights and would be out the house at the same time and still get to have bedtime cuddles, ( and occasioanlyy the odd night where i got the bed to myself if he was doing overtime)

SInce having the kids i hate it. I hate the idea of ebign alone in the house with them at night when its so hard to get hold of people at work, and other friends and family. The first night home alone with DD when he went back to work we had a small crises and she had to go to hosptial in an ambulance and i was trying ages to get someone to come be with DS so now i REALLY hate it. We are looking at him changing shift patterns because im always scared here alone at ngiht now in case a real emergency happens and i had to take both kids to hospital in the night

Mine does and I bloody hate it. He works shifts, one week nights, one week 2-10 then one week 6-2 over and over again. Nights I the worst one as he hates it. The actual being alone at night doesn't bother me at all. The days are so boring as he's in bed all day and we have to be quiet. He's just finished a week of nights and I'm so glad, but he'll soon be back on them. I sympathise with you :hugs:

Thanks soo much ladies!
When he is here he helps so much, he does more with LO then me! He comes in at 7 in the morning sometimes, after a 12 hour shift and gets up with LO at 8, and let's me have a lay-in, then he goes to bed himself at about 11am. I can't fault him, he is good.
I don't know what it is that's making me feel so down, sometimes I have my sister to stay, but she's 20 weeks preg atm so all she wants is to stay home and rest, not come out to me.
I have always had an overwhelming anxiety about burgulars and this just really makes it worse for me.
Actually can't stop crying, I'm such an idiot. X

Mine does....he has been doing shift work now for almost 13 years so I'm pretty used to it but I still dont like it.
Now he works a week of days and then a week of nights. When he isn't here we eat stuff that he doesn't like, lol

My OH works 2 to 11 Monday through Friday. Now that we have LO, I HATE his schedule. He gets up at 11am, and I am up way before that with LO...so we have no time then really, he showers, I make us breakfast (at noon) and the goes to work an hour away. He gets home around midnight...I am exhausted, and LO starts her superfussy time then most nights. I feel like we have almost no grown up time. He is tired all the time, and we barely even get to cuddle. I'm pretty lonely most evenings.

I'm weird cos my OH works nights but I like it! We spend time together in the afternoon then he goes out to work. Sometimes it's rough if LO won't settle at night but when LO does settle I get to watch all the programmes OH hates on TV!

My OH does shift work, mostly evenings but occasionally nights. I hate it, especially because he doesn't usually get up before 11 or 12 by which stage I've had a full morning with the kids, then he leaves for work by 2 or 3 and doesn't get home until after I've gone to bed. I feel like I never see him and it always seems to be me on my own with the two children. I'm really struggling with it at the moment actually.

My OH does shift work, mostly evenings but occasionally nights. I hate it, especially because he doesn't usually get up before 11 or 12 by which stage I've had a full morning with the kids, then he leaves for work by 2 or 3 and doesn't get home until after I've gone to bed. I feel like I never see him and it always seems to be me on my own with the two children. I'm really struggling with it at the moment actually.

I know how you feel hun. I hope u feel better soon.
X

I'm weird cos my OH works nights but I like it! We spend time together in the afternoon then he goes out to work. Sometimes it's rough if LO won't settle at night but when LO does settle I get to watch all the programmes OH hates on TV!

I wish I was more like you! Lol x

I would kill for night shift! My OH works away for a month at a time, so I am on my own with LO with no break for a month straight. The first time OH went away (when LO was 2.5 months) was hell, but I found it does get much easier as the baby gets older.

If you can't stop crying...have you considered you might have PND? My hormones drove me nuts after the baby was born! Try to have a friend or family member come over for the occasional evening if you can, and hang in there!

I hate the nights! My OH works random shifts and occasionally nights, when he's on nights he leaves the house at 8pm and doesn't get back until 8:30am. Then he's in bed most of the day, and I feel like I never see him. Sometimes he works long day shifts where he leaves at 6am and gets back at 10pm - and then i only see him in bed I'm not sure what's worse!

Working is rubbish :rofl:

Yes he works at a cafe 3pm till close (normally 11pm
or midnight) but now we have our own rental we will be working mornings too so ill more or less have Isla all day by myself

My OH works 9am-7pm... He's here to help get Elliot ready for school, but then I'm home with Elsie on my own all day, leavin the house only to pick Elliot up again. When OH come home, he baths Elsie, I get her ready for bed, she'll be down between 8-9, we then have tea and go to bed. I find it really hard lately when she's been a fussy little nap refusing whing bag! He even works a Saturday 4:30am -2pm, then plays football, which I dont mind him doing as he works a lot and needs a release! But at the same time I do feel really lonely... Since Havin the baby, I don't feel like I have anyone to just call and make arrangements with anymore. Unless I go to see my parents or grandparents... Gosh. I used to think I was popular at one time... Funny how u realise who is your true friend when u have a baby!

I totally feel ur pain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->