Does anyone else worry constantly?

Tami

Mum of one
Reaction score
Now I'm heading towards birth and the end of third tri I feel like I'm constantly worried!

I worry about baby coming early.
I worry about something going wrong and me not realising, not contacting the hospital etc in time, especially things like reduced movement, discharge, etc.
I worry about pooping during labour. I had my gall bladder removed and sometimes can run to the loo a few times a day with...nasty poos. :haha:
I worry about being by myself when I go into labour, my phone being dead or not topped up, not being able to get to the hospital.
I even worry when we're running out of ice cream, LOL. :haha:

Is anyone else like this? It's exhausting playing this constant "game" of what if! I can't help but feel that post baby the worrying will increase and not decrease! :shrug:

Oh, this is so me too! (did you see my post below about a pain in my bump? I'm an emotional mess these days!) You are most definitely not alone.

On a separate matter, it's good to see you here! I didn't see you much in second tri, unless I just missed you.

I worry constantly, but with my history I guess it's normal. I'm also pretty worried about being in my own and going into labour. My phone doesn't always work properly, and sometimes can't make calls for a few hours, and we have no landline. My oh travels a lot with work and I worry he won't make it back in time as he uses public transport, he's going 6 hours away to Coventry tomorrow :( x

Oh, this is so me too! (did you see my post below about a pain in my bump? I'm an emotional mess these days!) You are most definitely not alone.

On a separate matter, it's good to see you here! I didn't see you much in second tri, unless I just missed you.

I did see it! How are you feeling now? I would give the midwife a call and see what they say, just to be safe, but it could be you pulled a ligament or something. Sounds like a good excuse for a long, warm bath to me! :hugs:

I think we must have just missed each other, I think I posted more in second tri than third! :haha: It's nice to see you too hun!

I worry constantly, but with my history I guess it's normal. I'm also pretty worried about being in my own and going into labour. My phone doesn't always work properly, and sometimes can't make calls for a few hours, and we have no landline. My oh travels a lot with work and I worry he won't make it back in time as he uses public transport, he's going 6 hours away to Coventry tomorrow :( x

It's awful isn't it. :( My phone is the same, I'm with giffgaff and sometimes my signal will just drop and be gone for hours, only occasionally but enough to worry me! We also don't have a landline!
Although I suppose since we have the internet if we get desperate we could just post on here and have someone call our OH/mum/hospital, lol! It's why I'm glad you ladies are here!
My OH used to have to travel a lot too and my anxiety levels were through the roof, so I know how that can be, luckily we just moved house so he's much closer, but I really feel for you hun! Is there anyone else nearby for you?

xxx

I did see it! How are you feeling now? I would give the midwife a call and see what they say, just to be safe, but it could be you pulled a ligament or something. Sounds like a good excuse for a long, warm bath to me! :hugs:

I think we must have just missed each other, I think I posted more in second tri than third! :haha: It's nice to see you too hun!

It's awful isn't it. :( My phone is the same, I'm with giffgaff and sometimes my signal will just drop and be gone for hours, only occasionally but enough to worry me! We also don't have a landline!
Although I suppose since we have the internet if we get desperate we could just post on here and have someone call our OH/mum/hospital, lol! It's why I'm glad you ladies are here!
My OH used to have to travel a lot too and my anxiety levels were through the roof, so I know how that can be, luckily we just moved house so he's much closer, but I really feel for you hun! Is there anyone else nearby for you?

xxx

I'm feeling a bit less panicky after speaking to my mother. But wow, how emotional I am over every little thing. It's past my bedtime here, so I think I'll just try to relax and sleep. If I'm concerned tomorrow it's something more than a ligament or stretch mark, I'll call in. Thanks for asking! :hugs:

I also worry about the labor, but more not having an experienced woman with me. DH will be working from home when I am due so I'm not worried about him not being with me. But my mother is far away and there are no other women close by I would want to have around at the labor. I won't even know the midwife, as they rotate them around and I never see one more than once!

I'm so relieved to have you ladies and know I am not alone! :)

My mum lives an hour away, we don't drive, so she'll be taking us to hospital, don't really know anyone else nearby! All my other friends live 45 mind in the opposite direction!! We pay for a landline with our broadband, so should just get a cheap handset really to plug in! x

Hey ladies!

I also worry about these thing but the problem is that this is just the beginning of your worrys lol once lo is born they give u a lifetime of worrys hehe

I really worry! I want my baby to be moving 24/7 just so I know he is ok, but obviously that doesn't happen lol.
I have 12 weeks left but I worry that his nursery wont be ready, that the housework will need doing when I go into labour, what if it happens quick and I don't have time to freshen up in the shower.
what if I don't even know im in labour, what if I go into labour early and something happens, what if I don't get to the hospital in time.
(I live literally a 3 minute walk away from the hospital!!!)

its so ridiculous, I honestly too worry when we are running out of ice cream and chocolate biscuits! I need them to function :haha: x

Oh my gosh, what if I go into labour and I'm wearing my super comfy but totally manky underwear!!!!!!!!!!! :haha:

Yes, I've worried about everything since I got pregnant & have decided that this will be our one and only baby because I'm such a neurotic mess. Can't wait for her to be here, of course I will worry about other stuff then but at least I know she has made it safely :)

Yes I have a lot of worries. Most of the time I am able to push them to the back of my mind but as the due date approaches its getting harder to do that.

My main worries are:

-my waters breaking whilst I'm out in public

-my phone not working when I go into labour- my phone is really bad but I'm stuck in a contract so can't get a new one yet

-my baby being born with health problems. I'm worried that something I have eaten or something I have done will make my baby sick. I had thyroid problems early on and have tested positive for group B strep. I'm really scared of toxoplasmosis. They don't routinely test for it here and I spoke to the doctor about it and he thinks the risk is low so theres no need to test.

-visitors walking into my hospital room when I am attempting to breastfeed and don't have all my clothes on

-that I will get really hungry whilst I am in labour and won't be allowed to eat after having an epidural

I worry a lot but about stupid things.

Like this morning I was worrying we have bought moses basket sheets for the pram? its not urgent!

I also worry when baby doesn't move the minute I wake up, he has never done it so you can imagine the amount I worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->