Does Anyone elses LO scream when overtired?

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Sometimes I really struggle to get Toby to sleep during the day he really fights it and ends up getting cranky and really crying. Its really beginning to stress me out its worse if we are at home he is fine in the car etc but I cant just take him out in the car to get him to sleep. I am beginning to dread these times!!!!:hissy:

oh god yeah zane is the smae he screams cuz hes so tired n yet wont sleep i just stick him in his car seat sit him next to the comp stick his dummy in his mouth n ignore him he then alls asleep after awhile lol

i get so angery n frustrated when he does this n it seems to be everyday all day lol n at night he has very broekn sleep until he gets his own way n comes into my bed lol

I always struggle when it comes to nap time cause hes so tired that hes fustrated and yells , kicks until hes got no more energy and sleeps lol

Yep, she screams bloody murder when over-tired. I have to watch her like a hawk to make sure it doesn't get to that stage

I try and watch Toby too and sometimes I can get him to sleep and other times he is a nightmare!! Its really stressing me out!!!!

I try and watch Toby too and sometimes I can get him to sleep and other times he is a nightmare!! Its really stressing me out!!!!

same! it's gotten better as I have gotten more used to Hannah's tired signals but if I ever ignore them there is hell to pay

Rileys exactly the same when over tired i try and put him 2 bed just before that stage so he talks to himself then falls asleep with no worrys

oh yes, my LO is the same too. I have to really get him to sleep before that stage - i've worked out that during the day it's best to try and get him to nap after 1.5 hours of being awake or atleast look out for the signs then. I've got a 1.5 hour routine (ish) going which i really stick to in the morning or he gets grumpy. He got himself into this routine, or rather I notivced it when spotting his grumpy times! Once I worked his clock out the day got a lot easier. The afternoon is more flexible for us:

wake up
1.5 hours after waking = nap.
wake up.
1.5 hours after waking = go for walk for 1 hour (baby naps)
wake up.
1.5 hours after waking = nap.
wake up.
2 hours later nap.
wake up. keep baby awake till bedtime.

The only time he stays awake longer is in the afternoon - I try and keep him awake and active for 3 hours ish before bedtime (I dstract his grumps then by having a bath an hour before bedtime)

I started putting him to bed much earlier about 3 weeks ago and its so much easier now. He still grumbles but not nearly as much.

Damien's the same way! You'd swear we were skinning him alive some night because he screams bloody murder! He refuses to sleep during the day and will even fight it at night. I swear he doesn't like to sleep ever *LOL*

Yes Ella screams like a mad woman , but once she does this i just pop her in her cot tuck her up and she is away :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->