Does anyone have a nice mother in law?

i had a wonderful MIL...but she died this past fall from liver cancer. I only met her twice. i wish I could have gotten to know her a little better and vice versa.

My MIL(to be) is brilliant! His entire family's fantastic tbh! She's making our wedding cake and is currently being very helpful with our money troubles. My parents are fantastic too but I have far fewer personality clashes with in laws to be! Everyone in my family is far too similar in the wrong areas for there not to be friction but I love them all the same! Only thing that annoys me is my mum saying she wants me to wait until she's 50 to have kids! It's only 3 years and I'll still only be 23 but I want to have children on my time, not hers thank you very much!! MIL to be would love to have more grandchildren and understands that the when is up to us and nature!!

Beca :wave:

My MIL has her nice moments, shes never been horrible to me on purpose, I just think she doesnt think before she speaks.
Shes very superstitous and set in her ways, for example the other day she told me when I have children that im not allowed to go buy the pram until its born! as apparently its tempting fate if you buy it beforehand lol. Im not superstitous in the slightest so that wont be happening!
She constantly mentions about diets and joining gyms and exercise, and how they go for a walk everyday, yes... you have a dog! lol.
I could ramble on for hours!

They have been very good to us in the past helping us out with money troubles and running me round places in the week when OH is at work, but it comes at a cost, of mental stability lol, Feel exhausted once I get home!

I'm very lucky to have a lovely MIL but I have friends who can't stand theirs and some of their stories are shocking!

It took a long time for us to be close but I would say that now I really get on well with my MIL and will sometimes talk to her about things I can't talk to my own mum about. She never tells me what to do with Joseph and has looked after him overnight once so far and he had a great time there. She loves her grandchildren and I'm very lucky to have a MIL like her. My SIL is not as nice lol xx

I'm very fond of mine, although she has her moments hehe.

I couldn't have put this better myself!

We get on really well, but then MIL & FIL live in Spain and so we only see them every couple of months. Sometimes, when staying with them or they are staying with us they have have their moments, but on the whole they are lovely.

And no impatient foot tapping for grand children either lol :D

My MIL used to be so nasty all the time, but lately she's been very nice and very generous (bought Kathryn a walker, got us a shelving unit, and when Kathryn outgrew her infant seat gave us $150 out of $200 for a new car seat), and she's been watching Kathryn more and been generally pleasant. I hope its a permanent change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->