Does anyone have any statistics around VBAC's?

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
I'm aware that I need to be well informed for my next consultant appointment. I've looked around but I'm struggling to find actual statistics on things like why constant monitoring is needed and what it proves, and the distinction between uterine rupture at home and in hospital.

Does anyone have any useful statistics I could use, or know where I could find them?

Or has anyone been through this and could give me some idea of what to tell the consultant? (Basically its a VBAC and I want to labour at home.)

Thanks for reading xx

These might be helpful:

https://vbacfacts.com/quick-facts/

https://www.caesarean.org.uk/articles/VBACMM.html

https://www.caesarean.org.uk/FAQ.html

Good luck!

Here's a study from this year looking at uterine rupture in different modes of delivery. Shows risk of UR in VBAC to be lower than previously thought.

thanks for posting, and those who replied. I too am planning a water HBAC

Had a HWBAC last time, and am planning one this time.

Tbh, consultants weren't supportive at all last time, and I left NHS care at 20 weeks. Have declined consultant care this time, and seem to have quite a supportive community midwife, so time will tell.

I'm dreading my consultant appt. 3 weeks to go til I tell them of my hbac plans! Thankfully my midwife is supportive.

Tbh, consultants weren't supportive at all last time, and I left NHS care at 20 weeks.

I didn't actually realise you could do that! I just got told I had to be under consultant because I had a c-section. My next appointment is at 32 weeks and I get another scan then as well, but if all is fine after that I might say I don't want to see them anymore.

my midwife has been great, and even called round yesterday with a load of info on VBAC's from their internal info source for me to go armed with when I go see the consultant. Although I know I do not have to see the consultant, but I am under their care primarilly due to other complications in my pregnancy with my son. I plan to take advantage of the scan I will get at 36 weeks to double check she is not breech, as it was not deected with DD until birth :wacko:

I hope u ladies get support from your MW's too, and like others have said you do not have to see a consultant, it is just 'recomended'

You did Daisy Birthing classes? Their classes is 10% average compared to 14.8 nationally =]

Tbh, consultants weren't supportive at all last time, and I left NHS care at 20 weeks.

I didn't actually realise you could do that! I just got told I had to be under consultant because I had a c-section. My next appointment is at 32 weeks and I get another scan then as well, but if all is fine after that I might say I don't want to see them anymore.

Oh yes, you don't have to do anything you don't want to. I ended up so upset with some of the things they came out with - especially as they kept finding reasons to keep seeing me, like saying baby was small and would need scanning every 4 weeks etc (he was 8lb9oz at birth) So I told them I wasn't going back. I was also being bullied by my community midwife, and told her I wasn't coming back either. I ended up with an independent midwife for Noah.

This time round (I'm still paying loan for Noah's IM) I've gone with the community midwife team (dropped on a nice one, pro homebirth), but made my intentions clear from the start. Home water birth, no GTT, no consultant referral, no screening.

The AIMS website is full of good information, and worth a look.

Looks like we are due around the same time too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->