Does anyone have experience with bowel malrotations?

pcake

Mummy to our pork chop!
Reaction score
Hey everyone

Our DD was born with a bowel malrotation and ladds bands. We diidnt know there was anything wrong with her till she was born, i was expecting to be home the day after my induction, whereas it was honestly the worst thing iv ever been through and we were in hospital for 3 weeks and she had to have 2 operations, the first at 2 days old after being transferred to Addenbrooks hospital who were amazing. The surgery was totally succesful.

We are so thankful that her prognosis is that she shouldnt be at all affected by it in her future, i just wondered if anyone else had been through this as i read that one in 500 children are born with it in America (were in the uk though but theyre the only stats i could find) but id never really heard of it till we went through this, and iv never seen anyone else mention it on here, which seems weird if its that common.

Anyhow our DDs doing well, but lately shes really suffering after her feeds (screaming, vomitting, diarrhea like water but straining to go to the toilet and screaming till she does, very distended stomach, and absolutely full of wind). We've taken her to the Drs twice and just got fobbed off really as noone seems to know much about malrotations, and its so hard to know if its to do with the surgery or just normal baby colic kind of symptoms. im taking her again tomorrow as her tummy was so swollen tonight it frightened me. I just wondered what other peoples experiences were?

Thanks for reading!! :flower::flower::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->