Does anyone here know anything about computers?

TTCabundle

Reaction score
Sorry if my questions hard to understand, I may not know what im on about hahaha!

My OH builds and fixes computers so he does know what he's doing but we've got a problem that he doesn't know how to sort!

We bought a dell pc tower, and it.doesn't work, my oh says there's lights on the front of the dell there's.numbers telling you what's wrong and it comes up 3&4 which apparently means the ram module, we've tried different ram, at different speeds (except the 3300) and its still not working! Does anyone have any ideas? x

I'll ask my oh tonight can't right now as am at work x

Does the boot loader come up? Or is it just blank screen when you press the power button? Is it brand new?

Its just a blank screen, and no not brand new, we bought it off a friend and he was supposed to be fixing it, he then avoided all contact for 10 months, so OH went up and said he would just fix it himself and took it! :( wish he would just give us our money back! x

Oh was saying that if u have tried different ram then it probably isn't that ram. Maybe it's the slots on the motherboard that is the issue. Or just the motherboard. It's hard without being able to look at it. Might b a write off x

I agree with hayz, sounds like motherboard to me if you can't even get a boot loader. Motherboards are replaceable, but they are pretty costly.

Ahh crap :(! I'll tell OH that, I had a feeling it was going to be something to do with that! I know zero about computers though so he wouldn't take any notice of me :grr: lol Thankyouu anyways :)!

Yep, concerned it's the motherboard myself. :wacko: Hope we're wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->