Does anyone here only feel sick when they eat?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by ahava, Apr 8, 2009.

1. ahava

ahava me & hubby

i havent got full blown nausea yet, but does anyone here only get sick when they eat something? Everytime i eat a meal, about 1/2 hour later im so sick

2. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

I find that eating makes me feel better tbh. I only really feel sick when I'm hungry and since using the Seabands I got yesterday, even that seems to have gone.

I hope your sickness eases up for you soon hun :hugs:

3. babystar

babystar Guest

i am like that some days and I have not had proper morning sickenss so far in this pregnancy. Try eatin little and lots of times.

4. MrsO29

MrsO29 Me-Hubby-2 kids-2 m/cs

Yeah I feel sick if I am too hungry or if I eat too much.

Small regular meals are helping. I wouldn't even say meals....snacks.

I am getting a bit fed up of the whole constant nausea now.
    Every morning I am fighting not to be sick until I have the energy to make something to eat.

Roll on 2nd Tri.

5. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

Im like that at the moment, think my morning sickness is starting to kick into gear now

6. ahava

ahava me & hubby

thanks ladies, just had a nap t 6pm after eating at 5 and basically gagging fell asleep

7. Samantha87

Samantha87 Well-Known Member

ugh ...I know how you guys feel in the morning i have to wake up right away and make something to eat...even if i dont want to . Because the moment i start moving around i feel sick...and having food in my tummy helps :D I am also getting this sick feeling most of the day..it starts to go away around 4:00pm then it's not that bad the rest of the night!:happydance: Im so scared its gonna get worse. I have done well with not throwing up so far Im just scared its still gonna get worse yet!

8. AnotherMrs

AnotherMrs #1 on the way!

All the time. I almost don't want to eat because I know I'm going to just throw it back up and feel miserable the rest of the day. Nothing stays down. Crackers have helped and really startchy foods (like this killer baked potato I had today! It stayed down!) but anything healthy (like my salads :( ) will not stay down.... It's annoying when you're trying not to gain too much weight. Hopefully 2nd tri will put an end to all this!

9. third time

third time Well-Known Member

I'm better eating to be honest. I feel really sick if I'm hungry and in the middle of the night when I wake for a toilet break I feel like I could hurl, but never have yet, touch wood.

10. goddess35b

goddess35b mumof two beautiful girls

I'm fed up of feeling sick all day every day, helps if i eat but then half hour later i feel sick again! Also gone off vegetables for some strange reason. I've tried ginger biscuits and fizzy pop, ginger tea bags and not really sure ahat else to try , was hoping it would start to ease off now that i'm 12 weeks.

11. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

All I can say girls is Seabands! Granted, they might not work for everyone, but I think the £7.95 that you spend on them is well worth it! They've made it much easier for me to function during the day! I have a phobia of sickness and even just feeling sick can put me in a state of panic, so these bands are a godsend!
    You can buy them in Boots or you can get them online from here :

https://www.sea-band.com/

There is a UK link and a US link.

*Info taken from the website*

"The Sea-Band is a knitted elasticated wrist band, which operates by applying pressure on the Nei Kuan acupressure point on each wrist by means of a plastic stud. Because the bands do not use drugs, they do not cause any of the side effects associated with anti-nausea drugs and can be worn on each wrist whenever you feel nauseous. They are suitable for adults and children"

Worth a try I think, what have you got to lose? :hugs:

12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Mother of 4

In the first tri I couldnt hold down a thing! 5 weeks+ up to the end I was throwing up. But up to 5 weeks I felt sick.Nothinh worked on me. I was sick right up to the labour. :(

13. Rebaby

Rebaby Mum to 2 boys

I have only had a handful of feeling sick days, and only one occasion of actually vomiting.

I start to feel queasy when i am over-tired, or wake up suddenly or don't eat for a while.

I basically snack all day as eating seems to make me feel better!

But i have to say, on the whole i haven't really felt that bad. I had three or four days last week where i felt constantly hungover but been pretty much ok since.

I know all you girls with MS hate it when anyone says this, but i think some of us without MS wish we had it just so we'd have a definite symptom to hang on to when we're getting anxious! :rofl:

Truth be told though, i don't wish to be throwing up all day every day, and if i can have a healthy babe at the end of 40 weeks without feeling rough...i'll take it!

14. moomoo

moomoo Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!

I find if i dont eat i feel really sick, the only way ive found to lead a fairly normal life especially at work is to eat constantly all day... anything that wont make me spew!!

xx

15. ellie

ellie Mum to Kalden

so interesting to read these!
    i tend to feel really sick later in the day ... i'm fine in the mornings, but after lunch i tend to get really bad heartburn and feel queasy ... then again at teatime, and right now I feel like I might throw up my tea! Haven't been sick as yet though, but yesterday after lunch was a close call. I've really gone off peppermint tea though which always used to help if i felt sick with a hangover or something :( i find sipping water helps, also if I eat what I fancy (which is becoming more and more bland, starchy stuff) it isn't as bad.

16. ahava

ahava me & hubby

Thank you ladies, i was damn sick yesterday, feel better this morning, but scared now to eat anything...i did buy the sea bands had them on last night, did sort of help slightly..

17. wishingonastar

wishingonastar Well-Known Member

i never got nausea in first tri...instead i got stomach reflux which might be what you're having

basically, i'd feel fine when i woke up then as of about 10:30/11am once i'd eaten something i'd have a sick feeling in back of throat and keep retasting my food or even having bits of sick running into back of my throat (not nice!!) the only thing that helped was to chew gaviscon tablets after i'd eaten if i felt rotten and then the feeling usually went away and i was fine

it's where your hormones have relaxed your muscles and so the opening to your stomach is left open and your stomach acids can travel back up your throat!

be warned it tends to come with a vengence in third tri too!!!

i thought eating made it better at first but all that did was give me a nice taste instead of a sicky one til i finished eating and then i felt worse when the stomach reflux kicked in again!

18. PrettyBonk

PrettyBonk Alex,Abigail,&Grace's mom

oH I was like that at the beginning...I was only sick after I ate and when I was very hungry...then I started getting morning sickness in the afternoon :(
    so I had it after I ate and for a few hours in the afternoon :(
    then I started vomiting when I had nausea...I cant remember...but I think it was either 9 or 10 week but I felt a bit better...but feeling better doesn't matter because it is still nausea...ugh...

I haven't had nausea ALL day today!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::yipee:\\:D/ ...and I'm soooooooooo scared every time I eat something...every one had noticed a changed in my attitude lol I'm a bit happier today!!!!!
    I still feel like I cant breathe sometimes and like mt heart is about to explode...and I'm still soooooooooooooooo sleepy...but as long as I have no nausea I'm happy...hopefully my nausea is all done for :( crossing fingers[-o<[-o<