Does anyone know how this would work....

Mum22GTTC

Reaction score
I haven't yet spoken with my MW about a homebirth.

The birthcentre (which is attached to a hospital) I would like to give birth in IF I don't have a homebirth for what ever reason is in a different 'area' to where I live, although it is the closet one to me :dohh: It's the same place I had my other children so I feel more comfortable about that one, so I was keen to try to get 'in' to that one as my back up before mentioning HB.

I've been confirmed as being allowed to birth at that birthcentre, but where will I stand now with a HB. Would MW's from that hospital come out to my HB or would they have to send MW's from a hospital within my area?

I have a feeling I've made things awkward for myself :dohh:.

Hope I have made sense!

They have teams that cover home birth "areas". If the birth center isn't near you I doubt their home birth team would cover your area. I only know about this because I just contacted my two local hospitals (I am the same distance from both), only one covers me for home birth. Hope this helps :)

It might be nether, in my area it's the community midwifes that cover homebirths.

It's different in different areas depending on staffing structures, geographical areas and demand locally. If there's a HB support group locally they will know the local systems :)

im not sure
my loal hospital is 15 miles away but my gp is 2 miles and they have a midwife who is the one im seeing and will most likely be at my homebirth otherwise they send one from the hospital.
id ask whoever you are seeing now about this incase you get a random midwife you have never seen before who you may not like.
i think id have too met the most likely midwife who was attending my homebirth first just to make sure i compleetely trust them and that we get on with one another but its your choice
good luck for a homebirth!

Here we have midwives who only do home births. They usually don't even have offices and come out to your house for your prenatals. It helps them to get a better feel for you and your family before the big day. Also, usually the one you see for all your appointments ends up being the one there for the delivery. Occasionally, they will have a partner and will switch off appointments so you get to know both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->