Does anyone know when they actually ovulated after a positive OPK?

trudie100

Reaction score
Hey ladies

So i've read that a positive OPK doesn't necessarily mean you are ovulating THAT day and that it can be 12-36 hours after

I just wondered if anyone knows from ttc previously when they actually ovulated after getting a positive OPK?

i got a positive a couple of days ago (Tuesday) and the OPK's i've been doing since Tuesday are still dark but not positives so i assumed that means i did ovulate etc... but have been getting lots of ECWM the last couple of days and i thought you are meant to get that before or when you ovulate?

I guess i'm asking if its possible that the positive on Tuesday was just a warning that I am going to ovulate, is it possible to actually ovulate a few days later? even though i'm not getting strong positive OPKs now?

Thanks x

I've had no ewcm yet but had a positive opk yesterday and today so not sure if I will ovulate today. it's confusing lol x

I've had no ewcm yet but had a positive opk yesterday and today so not sure if I will ovulate today. it's confusing lol x

It really is! i assumed the day you got your positive OPK is THE day but apparently it can be a few days later?

So last couple of days ive got lots of ECWM but test line on OPK's is getting fainter, although still quite dark? confused.com x

I usually get the first positive opk then wait for the ewcm, but I also get pain the day before and aching when I ovulate so I know pretty much when it's happening

I normally get a little Ewcm before ovulation: like 1-2days before I start to feel groggy and achey.
Maybe it depends on the brand of OPK you use?
I know my Ics dont give me an incredibly strong ''positive'' line but there is a definite darkest line so I know I have and I sometimes even get a little spotting with ewcm afterwards.

Everybody is different I think just follow the instructions on the OPKS and try some different brands to see what works best for you. :)

I cant seem to chart my ovulation based on EWCM.... I never really get the stretchy egg white type that everyone talks about. Mine only ever seems to be creamy and sometimes clear and then back to creamy grrrr

so I just rely on the positive OPK really, but that isn't 100% as I still don't know exactly when I ovulate after my positive

I can def recommend something to try for Ewcm if you want.. Red Raspberry leaf tea. It really helps :)

Sorry you arent having much luck on the OPK front maybe temping afterwards will be successful? Heres a link which has some good info..https://www.justmommies.com/articles/bbt-charting.shtml

I would take your clear CM as EWCM. It's clear & slippery & stretchier, especially if you're going back to sticky & creamy CM, then it sounds like the clear stuff could be it.

Re OPKs, I don't really use them, but when I do, it's the day after a positive that I ovulate (I feel mine) with the sole exception of this pregnancy where I got the +OPK & then ovulated that evening. But then my ovulation which is normally textbook regular had been 5 days late, so all just a bit screwed up last month! But it got me a BFP, so I don't really care ;)

Thanks ladies

If i haven't caught the eggy this month I'm definitely going to temp from next month

Think I'll try the raspberry leaf tea as well I think and preseed- I keep reading good things about it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->