Does anyone use PECS?

nicki01

Reaction score
I'm in the process of making Charlie's pecs book and need ideas if anyone is kind enough to share there's? X

I'm sure AtomicPink uses them. I'm not sure how often she looks in here so might be worth messaging her x

We use to use pecs but now have outgrown them. Speech therapist started with a few and built up to more. We started with basically food and Ossie's special interests which at the time where the computer and Rolf Harris of all things. Slowly we built up to all sorts. It helped his language loads as he was forced (sounds horrible) to try and say the sentence. It was normally I want sweets/cake/sandwich etc. On some of his pictures it was better to have the actually picture(photo) of what it was rather than a generic picture.

If however you have been using PECS for a while and need more ideas then google is your friend. There are loads of images online. You can even buy pec dvd images on ebay for a few quid.

We started on pecs but it was a huge disaster. We are waiting a while before we try them again!

We used the PECS pictures to create visual schedules for anything that Claire had difficulties with.

We had one for going to the bathroom which outlined step by step (and I mean step by step - pull down pants, sit on toilet, etc)

One for getting dressed, another for going to bed. We also used First/Then Boards and Choice boards that helped a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->