Does circumcision lead to erectile dysfunction later in life?

PegLeg2na

Reaction score
I know, I know...another circ thread! But I'm genuinely curious. I've been sifting through PubMed and so far I've only found articles dealing with circumcision (on elderly gentlemen) remedying another cause of erectile dysfunction, I haven't really found anything concretely relating infant circumcision to adult ED. In other words, the jury is still out. (By the way, the reason I'm wondering is because this was one of OH's first thoughts when we started researching circumcision). Here are the things I'm wondering:

-What are the rates of ED in countries that have majority circumcised/intact populations? In the U.S., 18 million men over age 20 are affected by ED (I'm still researching to determine if this is an accurate figure).
-Why are reports so mixed? One source claims circumcised men are 4-5x more likely to develop ED than intact men but another claims there isn't a significant difference.
-If there is a correlation, why isn't ED mentioned as a possible long-term side effect of circumcision?
-If there is a correlation, would that change the cultural mindset in the U.S.?

I dont think so.Erections are caused by blood flow so not having a foreskin wouldnt make any difference that I can see?

It could be all coincidental,so the people who are more likely to get circ'd live in cultures or areas where they eat a bad diet,so they have poor circulation leading to ed.

just had a quick look and it says if you have been circ'd you have a 4.5% higher chance of having erectile dysfunction.

Although its "only" removing the fore skin it has been recored that in adults who have had sex prior to circ and after circ has linked a loss of feeling, also harming the perineal nerve can have serious affects on ones sex life. Also the foreskin is there to keep the head of the penis moist to protect the nerve endings thus removing the foreskin will make the head dry out thus causing nerve damamge again affecting ones sex life.

I dont think so.Erections are caused by blood flow so not having a foreskin wouldnt make any difference that I can see?

It could be all coincidental,so the people who are more likely to get circ'd live in cultures or areas where they eat a bad diet,so they have poor circulation leading to ed.

This is true, but only one of the causes. There are psychological causes, too, and what I'm thinking is loss of sensitivity caused by circumcision might be another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->