Does dieting make anyone else feel sick?

Beccaboop

Mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
I noticed that when I'm trying really hard to diet I feel sick when I haven't eaten for About 4 or 5 hours!! Then after 2 weeks of being on a diet i got a cold and felt even worse and starving all the time so I ate loads and stopped feeling sick but I bet I've put on loads of weight! :( hate dieting!! :(

It may be because your going so long without food. whilst dieting I would never suggest going 4-5hrs without food. I find eating little and often is much better. I lost 3st initially doing it this way (on WW), but gained nearly 2 st of this since having my son. xxx

I can't eat more often as I'm at work and can't have a break until I'm told I can and I can't eat while I'm working! I guest I'll just put up with it

beccaboop, cant you just sneak a bite here and there? or even some juice to keep your sugar levels up, so you're not eating more as you were really hungry?

You need to check your labour laws!
Most countries mandate at least a 15-minute break after 3 hours of work!
And most people need to eat a few calories every 3 hours, minimum.
I'd be crazy hungry, viciously cranky, and feeling miserable if I had to wait 5 hours between eating. I don't think your employer can do that, can they?
Well, at the very least, they can't expect you to go that long without peeing!
Put a protein bar in your pocket and chow it down in the bathroom. That will help your blood sugar and metabolism.
The fact is, you won't lose weight by eating so little and infrequently that you are literally starving yourself. You will make yourself very ill, at worse, and will make actual weight loss much harder as your metabolism will slow down and go into conservation-mode.
It sounds backwards, but eating more (of the right stuff - lean proteins, whole complex carbs, etc) and burning more (moderate but consistent exercise) will drop that weight way faster than depriving yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->