Does Gas & Air make you sick?

It didn't make me sick-it was a godsend! I kept getting told off for not taking it out my mouth inbetween contractions-my OH said I even fell asleep with it in my mouth at one point- but that was after having diamorphine as well!!

lmao me too after the pethidine. Although the feeling of it slipping away would jolt me awake :rofl:

I passed it to OH between contractions. Dont know who enjoyed it more.:rofl:

It did make me feel very sick. Much preferred pethidine (with anti-sickness drug mixed in same injection)! lol

I was sick after i had used it for the first time, but don't know if it was through that or the fact i had eaten nothing for a day other than orange juice. I carried on using it during labour and was fine.

It did make me vomit all the water i had from the frozen bottle of water. :(

No i seemed fine, only had it for stiches for no1 but had all the way through with diamorphine with no2, hope it doesn't make you ill x

It made me feel sick but i wasn't. Also i found it really frustrating...i was in agony and i just didn't want to breath in and out nice and slowly, i wanted to rip someones head off :) xx

It didnt make me sick.

It was the best thing ever, I got wrong too, for not taking it out of my mouth between contractions!

I'm emetophobic (severe phobia of being sick) and I've been really worried about this subject!!! The docs have told me that pethidine often does cause sickness but gas & air shouldn't, it could be that people who were sick on it would be sick anyway??? I think I might have a go with the gas & air but if I do I will start off with tiny puffs! I also have an anaesthetic alert on my labour notes to be given anti-sickness drugs as soon as I arrive at the hospital. Hope they work! At the moment I am more worried about being sick during labour than the actual labour! Just call me weird :blush: Every single person I know that I have spoken to about their labour said they were sick during or after it. Also apparently the injection they can give you to expel the placenta straight after the birth is known to cause sickness too :-(

1st A combo of gas/air and pethadine made me sick...2nd Gas and air alone seemed fine.

Me too! Was fine on just the gas and air, and for most of the time with the pethadine as well.
I was sick twice, once during labour - think it was probably exhaustion that made me sick thinking about it!!! And once after it was all over, which reading the post above, it could have been the injection to expel the placenta that caused that!

I loved Gas and Air! Fab - Good Luck xx

it made me sick i think everyone is different.

i was gutted when it made me feel sick as i was really hoping that was going to be my lifesaverx x

I hated it, I was sick and it made me feel awful. It was all I had for pain relief but I was only biting the mouthpiece really and not inhaling properly

I'm guessing (only a guess here) that it's got the same side affect as cannabis, in excess it can cause sickness/dizzyness if you're not used to it/prepared for it (like whiteying).
Hmmm...

It did make me vomit all the water i had from the frozen bottle of water. :(
Your baby is gorgeous! beautiful eyes

Gas and air didn't make me sick and I finished a canister of it so they were all laughing (not to say that the canister was full to begin with) but I was taking it constantly. It did make me dizzy but it wasn't a bad feeling.. I wasn't with it until Bethanie was born, even thats a bit hazy though.
I suppose it also depends how quickly you start taking it/how you're coping with the pain. I was 8cm dilated and in serious pain in my back, so I was loving it!!

Well i never had it out my mouth and i was ok! loved the feeling of it at the start of labour. Just made me talk rubbish and laugh x

Ha ha.. Exactly the same. Me too! x

Well i never had it out my mouth and i was ok! loved the feeling of it at the start of labour. Just made me talk rubbish and laugh x

Ha ha.. Exactly the same. Me too! x

:rofl:

Me, three. I felt very drunk, but that helped immensley with the pain. :) I liked it, was defo the one for me. :) x

Think it affects people in different ways, it makes my sister sick but when I had it I was fine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->