Does having kids affect your choice of sofa?

LucyHF

Reaction score
Since having my boy, I would never in a million years get a fabric sofa until he's left home, let alone a cream coloured one. Wet wipes are a favourite in our home for cleaning the daily spills and smears on the sofa!!

Def a dark brown leather couch here lol, easy to wipe clean

yes we bought a (cheap!!) black leather suite for now while the kids are so young. When they're a little older and this has had it's wear we may opt for something a little less 'safe' kid-wise!

Well I have an Ikea sofa. I can change the covers. I have two light ones and a darker one. To be honest I dont find it a problem. My girls drew on the sofa not long ago, I just took the cover off and washed it. Came out and it went back on. :)

yes, and dogs.

I already have a very nasty looking fabric sofa here.

yeh dark brown leather for us too :rofl:

We've got a dark grey fabric sofa and we got it when i was pregnant and everyone told us to buy leather but we'd fell in love with this one so we got it. So far Bobby has done just about everything on it and theres not a mark on it, everything just wipes clean off it!! I wouldnt get a light colour though :haha:

I have always had fabric sofas until LO, now its dark leather all the way!:thumbup:

Oh for sure! Black leather here, I couldn't have a fabric sofa in my house- well I could if I was stricter :blush:

I have a dilemma..... >.< I have two cats that LOVE the back of the couch. And in loving it, they have ripped it. Not a lot, and not intentionally...they don't scratch it, but they jump to the back cushions and occasionally will miss their mark and dig a claw into the side. It's microfiber.......
I was thinking a nice vinyl/leather couch would be perfect since I'll most likely do a lot of breastfeeding out here and once Baby gets bigger I'm sure spills, spitups, diaper leaks, etc. will be inevitable....heck, I'm afraid of my water breaking on the couch, haha.
But with the cats, I'm afraid a non-fabric couch will be torn up even quicker.
With cats and kids am I just doomed to not have nice furniture? Should I basically just resign to buying cheap or used the rest of my life and replace it every few years? -_-

No, I bought a White sofa, which I think I'll be paying for for the rest of my life lol. I bought insurance though too x

We bought a brown fabric sofa and everything wipes off it,I love it

190380_10150429277510524_649610523_17647357_2144564_n.jpg

My sofa is creamy fabric, i love it, LO has even smeared spag bol on it and its come off!!

We bought a black leather sofa when we first had our eldest daughter but recently had to buy a new one and we went for a black/grey fabric and leather corner sofa and i have a 6 year old 2 year old and a dog........ i would never go back to leather.........fabric is so comfy and warm... i have a 5 year garuntee any spills,sick,poo stains, rips or tears etc etc are covered so i dont worry about things like that.

we have beige and brown fabric.
it's a pain in the arse to say the least. i'm glad we can take the covers off to wash them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->