Does having kids affect your choice of sofa?

some fabric sofa have chemicals to prevent staining. I would love to order sofa from home reserve (homereserve.com) but my husband doesn't trust it. I just like the fact that I can change the fabric and I can disassemble it without a man.

we have a fabric sofa but we got if
off freecycle so i don't care that it gets wrecked

:rofl:

if i could afford to buy a new or half decent one
then i'd have something like wipe clean leather too

but for now i'm happy with my crap stained freebies

:haha:

yes my fabric sofas and I had two of them since becoming a mum where binned, I could list what was spilled on them and smelled to. Now I have a dark brown leather sofa, wipe with a wipe cloth whatever and its fine :) I hate leather because its cold and not as comfy but its a must have with kids. I am sitting in a fabric arm chair thats about to get up and walk out itself though.

But with the cats, I'm afraid a non-fabric couch will be torn up even quicker.
With cats and kids am I just doomed to not have nice furniture? Should I basically just resign to buying cheap or used the rest of my life and replace it every few years? -_-

Hmm that's tricky with the cats. When we had cats, they totally trashed the arms of the leather sofa we had at the time, so from that respect I would go for fabric to avoid the visual affect of the scratches. A lot of people have replied that they have dark fabric sofas and all spills, sick etc wipes off, so maybe that's your answer. A sofa with a stain resistant fabric sounds like it would be perfect for you. HTH.

Dark brown leather here too... I'd hate to have a fabric sofa now haha!

Definately! Leather all the way and a dark one at that!!!

Hence our dark brown leather! Hides a multitude of sins :lol:

We currently have 2 big cream leather sofas, they are comfy but just not cosey and sticky in summer & cold in winter. We've just bought 2 black fabric sofas for our new place which we move in next month, the covers are washable so no probs :) x

I thought i could get away with having a fabric sofa when Madi was tiny. I was gunna be so strict, only eat in the kitche, shoes off in the house, blah blah. Lasted 9 months, they were covered in yogurt, mud, snot, juice.... i swapped them for leather! I absolutley hate leather, but fabric is impossible!

Yep having kids defintly influenced our choice there was no way we were going to get a fabric sofa, hadto be leather and im so glad we did the amount of sticky yucky stuff that gets smeared all over it is vile and a fabric sofa would proabbly reek by now

When we moved in here we opted to get a black leather futon. It would be easy to clean and as LO has his bedroom in the living room it seemed like the right option if i had to sleep out here with him (we have a one bed and our room is too small for him to join).

Anyways its the most uncomfortable thing i have ever had. I hate it. Next weekend were moving and have ordered a GORGEOUS sectional :D Its brown leather at the bottom and then the rest is brown fabric. I personally prefer fabric as its comfyer plus i can just wash the cusions and febreeze :) Hopefully it works out for us.

I have a light coloured oatmeal type fabric sofa, and so far so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->