Does it change the dates?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by scots_mum, Jan 29, 2011.

1. scots_mum

scots_mum Expecting no2

Ok so they work out you EDD by your last AF but if i know i only dtd unprotected once in the month so know that exact date of conception could that change how far on i am? just seems strange that i could of only conceived 3 weeks ago but im 5+4 now :shrug:

2. bobbyrabbit

bobbyrabbit Mum to 1 gorgeous girl

Once you have a scan they will give you a precise date and sounds like yours will probs be put back by a few days. The rough estimate of going by LMP is based on everyone having a 28 day cycle and ovulating on day 14 which clearly isn't the case. According to the calculator the doc used I am 8w +4 but I'm going by when I think I ovulated which would make me 7w +3. it will all sort itself out at the scan! If you know when you ovulated there are calculators on the internet which will help you get a more precise date if you can't wait!

3. FEDup1981

FEDup1981 Mam of two & two angels

Although u may have had unprotected sex just once that month, u might have ovulated maybe 2-3 days later, so you could be changed, but you might not be.

I have a 30 day cycle so was put back 2 days x

4. mummyto3

mummyto3 3 gorgeos kids

wee they say ur 2 week preg by the time u cincieve so ist possible babe x