Does it sound like a name you would give a pet?

Thanks, I think we are now swaying towards Greg and Alice.
I never realised how bad Chloe and Toby sounded until it was pointed out on here.
Still have to pack my bag as well, I best do it. Thanks for all your comments!!

Toby definitely isn't a pet name. I know a couple of men called Toby and it really suits them!

I don't see them as 'pet' names.

My daughter is called Alice.

Toby is my bumps name. We will be calling home Tobias so he has the choice of a more 'grown up' name when he is older but we will call him mostly Toby.
I know a dog called Toby but its not enough to put me off

Personally I hate it when people give their pets people names. Yes, I know this is common practice but it sucks.
I have a dog and two cats and they all have very cute pet names you would never give a child. It's part of the fun being creative and coming up with something cute that would never fly for a human. A pet is your chance to do that.

When I go to the dog park and I hear people call for "Daisy", "Mia" and "Toby" it drives me mad. Because then it just makes people feel bad about their chosen baby names or their own names. Just...no.

Unless you name your child something like Spike, Spot, Rover, or Puddles I don't think anyone will give it a second thought.. I know a dog named Brandi.. that doesn't make my name any less of a Human name.. my dogs name was Destiny which I had a friend name her daughter that after i had my dog for years.. and I had one friend that told me Abby was a dogs name when we put Abigail on our list of names, we named her Abby anyway, and not one person has mistaken her species. ;)

Someone that lives near my nan has a dog called Dave! So I think any name could be a pets name or a human name x

My parents called their cat Emma. Which is particularly annoying when it was my first choice girls name. To be fair it really does suit her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->