Does Progesterone Cause Constipation?

wonders10

Mommy to an Adorable Girl
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm only 4 dpo and I'm trying not to symptom spot, but normally I'm very regular and go daily, sometimes twice and its never really hard. Sorry, TMI :blush:

Anyway, for the past couple days, I feel like things are moving slower and its also much firmer, almost like very mild constipation.

Is this a natural side effect from your body's progesterone? What you produce, not a supplement?

Thanks!!

Helllo! It is normal to get constipation from progesterone!

I will Say that i am also very regular, and last cycle I was constipated from 1dpo and it ended in a BFP for me! Unfortunately I miscarried And am now 3dpo with the exact same constipation as when I got my BFP. I'm feeling hopeful as this was the main indicator for me last time.

I'm actually opposite...having frequent bowel movements, like yesterday I went #2 like 8 times, no diarrhea...Lol I know, tmi, but I am usually constipated and only go once or twice
hoping our symptoms are bfp signs and not just a fluke

Thanks you two!

Seems it has passed as I woke up this morning my "regular" old self :winkwink:

I feel like as soon as I write down and actually acknowledge a symptom, it goes away :wacko:

Haha that sucks! I'm relieved of my constipation, but because I took a laxative! I feel very un-pregnant. Constipation was my only symptom..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->