Does royal jelly interfere with a/f?

Dawn2411

Mom of 2 girls and 2 boys
Reaction score
I was thinking of trying roayl jelly but wanted to make sure that using it won't mess up my cycle. Also any reveiws on this product would be greatly appreciated.

I have never used it, but it is an estrogenic supplement, so if you are estrogen dominant, it's not a good idea...or, if you take other estrogenic drugs/supplements, you could overload your system.:flower:

Also If I am taking this, is it o.k to use prgesterone cream too?

Do you mind if I ask why you are contemplating taking these supplements?

I have lost my last three pregnancies and the doctor says she thinks it's just due to my age and old eggs (i'm 40). I have 4 children and never had a m/c until after my last child. I desperatley want another baby but can't seem to get my little beans to stick so I'm willing to try whatever I can to improve my chances.

hi

sorry for your losses.

as Dmom said royal jelly has estrogenic properties and while it is said to be good to improve egg quality, in my personal experience the additional estrogen can cause pms like side effects. For improving egg quality perhaps look into taking Co Enzyme Q10 - there's a huge thread about it here.

If you don't mind me asking, has your doc considered immune testing for recurrent loss? There are some good threads (like the recurrent miscarriage thread) about that on the forum which you may helpful too.

wishing you all the best :flower:

Thank you ladies. This is the second doctor to tell me they don't think anything is wrong with me and that it is just because of my age.

Also I heard progesterone cream is good for getting the pregnancy to stick, is this not true?

Hi there.

I have heard mixed studys with progesterone and its effectiveness however my take is that taking it (or using the cream) past ovulation can't hurt and if it helps keep the lining where it needs to be then that's sure worth it. A friend of mine had 3 m/c's then insisted her MD give her progesterone immediatelyl after O and she ended up with a beautiful baby girl. She had something she put in intervaginally and she said it was a complete mess but - well worth it.

Is the Royal Jelly one of those supplements you need to take only certain days? I tried soy this time around from CD 2 - 6. I thought I was taking it CD 1-5 but realized I was counting my cylce wrong.

Good luck and baby dust to you!

Thank you faithmom and baby dust to you too! I think you are only suppossed to use the r.j. from o to a/f but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->