does stayingactive/on your feet bring on labor?

emeeorevan

Expecting Miracle #3
Reaction score
Alright ladies. I've heard mixed reviews on this. Some places say staying active can help bring on labor others believe it can strengthen muscles to the point of going overdue.
I wanna hear your opinions/views/experiences.
In both my previous pregnancies I delivered early term but I was very lazy (not working, stayed at home, took naps, etc.) with this one I am still working, on my feet 10-12 hours a day, getting bh so much, and am already so sore and tired and ready to give in! Unfortunately I can't afford to take off work before baby is here.
I am hoping to stay in the pattern of delivering early term (about 38 weeks would be perfect). But I'm afraid this lo is gong to make me wait (which is good if it is what baby needs, but bad for me)
what do you think? Staying on feet so much you get Bh often cause labor or delay labor?
what if I miss the signs and wait too long as I believe its just Bh? Its not like I can lay on on left side and drink water til the bh go away at work so they do always get worse as the day progresses, but they are gone as soon as I can sit/lie for 30+ minutes.

In my experience with this pregnancy (ive had contractions since 19weeks) on the days I am most active I get more contractions. And more intense at that.
With dd2 I moved house and was on my feet for a couple weeks for hours a day organizing and setting up nursery and eventually went into labor right on time. About 3 weeks after moving.

I'm a hairstylist and was always on my feet with my last two pregnancies.... Went into labor on/near my DD with both...this pregnancy I have been on restrictions or bed rest since day 1, forced to be off my feet , and have the worst BH contractions ever which started super early 16 wks for me.... And by far the worst pregnancy in every way, especially with pain/SPD. Wondering if this will bring early labor for me? Ill be stalking this thread!

My body is just confused lol. I was super active and having lots of contractions so I was put on bed rest, now that I'm off bed rest it doesn't matter if I'm just relaxing or being active - bh come and go all day long.

I've remain active with dd and with this one. I went to 41 weeks with dd. I'm not somebody that can sit down, I feel like I should be doing something so I will be up and on my feet doing everything and anything. It's one reason we joke that dd is so active because despite being told to sit and keep feet elevated because of swollen feet, i'd barely sit down until bedtime and we think my activity levels made her super active by me never being still!

This one still pregnant at 39+1 and although getting some contractions for a few days nothing is kicking in properly. Although i've been off work since 33 weeks i've been doing school run (1 mile walk each way) a lot plus got a long list of house activities activities and christmas prepping i've done so i'm usually stood in kitchen all day. Thankfully OH is home full time now so he's taken on the majority of the school runs, so i have slowed a little this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->