Does the Pill lower the odds of miscarriage?

planetspa

Reaction score
Hi All,

TTC at the mo. Had m/c in Nov 2010 @ 6 weeks.

I heard somewhere that it you've been on the pill in the past it lowers your odds of m/c. Has onyone heard of this and is it true?

I'm 30 this year and feel my time is running out!

Would it be worth my while to go on the pill for a few months then come off it and TTC? The whole getting pg and then having a m/c takes up so much time! It was 3 months before I was back to 'normal' after the m/c.

Thanks.

I have never heard of this.

I am 31 and was on the pill for 14 years before coming off it to ttc. I mc in January with my first pregnancy.

I don't think there is any truth in it, well if there is then I was very unlucky.

Sorry for your loss and lots of baby dust for you xx

I have never heard of this.

I am 31 and was on the pill for 14 years before coming off it to ttc. I mc in January with my first pregnancy.

I don't think there is any truth in it, well if there is then I was very unlucky.

Sorry for your loss and lots of baby dust for you xx

This was pretty much exactly the same for me - but I was only on the pill 13 yrs.

Good luck to you all for next time :)

I've never heard this. I was on the pill for over 10 years and got pregnant the first month I came off it, but miscarried. A stupid nurse at the hospital actually told me just after I'd miscarried "sometimes you need a good bleed after coming off the pill"!!!!!!?? but then I've only heard that once too.

I was on cerezette and only after i m/c did i do research and discover that miscarriage was quite common with other ladies when they had been on this pill.

Pregnant as soon as i came of the pill and M/c 7weeks later! The Doctor agreed it could have been because the pill was still in my system ???

x

I don't think that's true I'd been on the pill since I was 14 due to heavy and painful periods (now nearly 21) and I mc at 7 weeks 4 days x

Yup me too. On the pill for 6 years, then miscarried at 10 weeks (baby only 6w4d).

I agree ladies I too was on the pill came off it in august and fell pregnant more or less straight away had mmc at 8 weeks. And interestingly enough it was cerazette.

Hi All,

TTC at the mo. Had m/c in Nov 2010 @ 6 weeks.

I heard somewhere that it you've been on the pill in the past it lowers your odds of m/c. Has onyone heard of this and is it true?

I'm 30 this year and feel my time is running out!

Would it be worth my while to go on the pill for a few months then come off it and TTC? The whole getting pg and then having a m/c takes up so much time! It was 3 months before I was back to 'normal' after the m/c.

Thanks.

I conceived my second angelbaby while on the pill, and only made it to 4-5 weeks, so....I'm going to say I have to agree that it's probably false.

I HAVE heard that being on the pill then stopping is a way to potentially get pregnant, but nothing about lessening odds of m/c. Sorry love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->