Does the speed at which the line shows up mean anything?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
I'm 13DPO and when I tested with a FRER (I dipped into the pee for 5 seconds) and within 20 seconds total I had 2 strong pink lines and the test says results should appear within 3 minutes. Now I know that 20 seconds is within 3 minutes but I just thought that that was really quick, I hadn't even got out of the bathroom. The reason why I am asking is fraternal twins run my family and I didn't know if that made a difference to the speed of the test results.

Maybe it's related to the amount of hcg in your system. The test picks up hcg, so if the line appears quickly, perhaps that means there's a good amount of hcg there? I don't know... The most important thing is that it shows up within the time frame, though.

I had this as well, I peed on it, put it on the top of the toilet behind me, pulled up my trousers and I was going to wait the 2 minutes till I looked but I just turned staright around, that was literally 15-20 seconds after and there were 2 strong lines. I also wondered if this meant anything! Must be that there was a high level of HCG- I'm definately not having twins as I went for my scan on friday and there was just the one little baby in there!

mine was very fast hun and only got one little bubba in me, we was also thinking twins as it runs in oh family but unless they have missed one in 3scans lol just the one

Mine was the same way. It depends on the amound of the hcg hormone from what I have been told. Twins run in my family too. We should find out tomorrow if there is one or two in there. Hope that you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

I used FRER too and (sorry in advance for the TMI) I literally dipped for the 10 seconds, put it down to pour it away (eugh!) and as I glanced back you could see it progressing through the window. The lines were appearing as it did so. It kind of freaked me out as I hadn't expected to be pregnant let alone such a strong result. The line was really dark too! I tested the next day with another brand to make sure it wasn't a fluke and the same thing with that.

Don't know about the twins thing. I have my scan tomorrow (first one....sooo excited!!) so will let you know if it's 1, 2 or 4!!!! :rofl:

It's hCG hun and high hCG does not necessarily mean twins. It can, but doesn't have to. All babies produce hCG at different rates and some women metabolize this into their urine better than others. Good luck!

Thanks girls! We shall know in 4 weeks when we have our early scan.

Hi

Mine did the same on a cheapie and a clear blue digi - within 30 seconds max the result was there - on the cheapie it was pretty much as soon as I undipped it, on the clear blue I took it to OH to say "look it's counting down" (when the egg timer came on) and I think he only just saw it before it came up (I'd been in the en suite and he was laid in bed so it's not like I had a long walk).

I'll see what happens at the docs tonight as that won't be fmu testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->