Does the worry ever go away????

Mummy of Ange

Reaction score
With my twin pregnancy I never worried once, even early on. But this time round I'm terrified. Midwife said it's understandable after my loss.

I really want to enjoy my pregnancy but I know I won't. Oh keeps telling me not to worry but it's easier said than done.

I have decided I'm not buying anything till after Christmas, I bought the everything last time after 20 week scan and lost them at 23 weeks. I'm hoping that was a bad experience and won't happen again.

I would love to hear from ladies that have had a late loss and have gone onto have a successful pregnancy xx

I don't want to read and run! And I don't want to sound uncompassionate as that's not the case. However, perhaps try posting this same question in one of the "after a loss" forums? You might get a stronger response there.
Good luck!
And I've never experienced a loss; this is my very first pregnancy (although I /might/ have had a very early loss when I was 18...no way to ever tell now), but I can tell you that as excited as I am, I am also a little bit terrified. The statistics are frightening. Only 75% of pregnancies end in a take-home baby?? Stillborns?? SIDS?? I am petrified. Trying hard not to worry, but it's extremely hard not to. These are our children we're talking about. When they're born we'll give our lives to protect them...but right now, where we can't see and feel and hear them, or hold them it'll be all right if something is wrong....it's frustrating and scary.
I wish you the absolute best of luck, and I hope you can find something positive to hold on to. <3

Didn't want to R&R either, this is my 1st pregnancy so I've never experienced a loss. I am so sorry to hear about your late loss, I cannot imagine how you must have felt, and it makes it perfectly understandable that you are so worried.

But, have faith! This is a new pregnancy, it won't be the same again. The chance of the same thing happening again is so so small. Just take good care of yourself, and believe that you are going to bring home a baby.

How far along are you now? Can you have an early scan? Hearing a HB at 8 weeks means a 97% chance the baby will survive! at 12 weeks it's 98%.

:hugs:

thanks ladies, im 4+4, got a midwife appointment on Wednesday where we will discuss if i should have an early scan or not.

Im just thinking its a different pregnancy and i was just very unlucky last time xx

I had a loss before my son Nathan, it was a mmc at 10 weeks and Nathan's pregnancy was ok and he is here now. I have to say though you never stop worrying, or I haven't, even when they are here.

I am really sorry for your loss and it's normal to worry. I think you will be a great mum xx

Hi, I had a loss back in nov at 9 weeks, not as bad as 23 weeks I know, but I'm the same as you, unable to really get excited as I'm just petrified it will happen again. I'm hoping I will feel better when I pass twelve weeks, and hopefully once u get past the milestone of your loss you will too. I know that's a while off yet, but try to stay calm about things. I'm sure last time was terrible luck, and it won't happen again. Lots of luck for a healthy and happy 9 months xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->