Does this complaint e-mail sound OK?

xprincessx

Mum to 5 beauties <3
Reaction score
To whom it may concern,

I am e-mailing you to inform you of the unfair and embarrassing treatment I have recently received in your Hedge End store.

I am a 19 year old mother whose partner works Monday to Friday. This means that during the week I have no choice but to go to the store by myself. My son is only 13 months old and he is not yet walking which leaves me no choice but to take him in the pushchair. Taking the pushchair makes me unable to carry a basket at the same time so if I have to purchase something I put the items on the top of the pushchair hood where it is open and clearly visible for everybody in the store to see. I then immediately go to the checkout and when I reach the checkout I remove the items from the pushchair hood and put them directly onto the checkout counter. It is clear for all to see at this point that there are no more items on the pushchair. I then pay and leave the store.In the past 3 weeks I have been in your Hedge End store 3 times with the pushchair. The first time I went into the store I went with my partner, so he picked up a basket to carry around whilst I pushed the pushchair. We went to the new toy aisle to have a look at some christmas presents for our son. We chose two items and put them straight into the basket which my partner was carrying. At this point I noticed two staff members (Pearl Wellman and Benjamin Lewis) were stood at the top of the aisle looking down at us and whispering to each other. I did not think much of this at the time so I carried on looking at toys for my niece. After about two minutes my partner left me looking in the toy aisle whilst he went to look at books. At this time Benjamin Lewis followed my partner to the books whilst Pearl Wellman continued watching me. I felt something was going on and began to feel very uncomfortable so I went to get my partner so we could go and purchase our items and leave, which we did.

The 2nd time I went into the store was on Saturday the 26th of November. My partner came with me to the store this time as well. This time, as soon as we entered the store Benjamin Lewis was stood within view so spotted us immediately. We went in various aisles having a look round when we noticed that Benjamin Lewis and another male employee whose name I am not aware of were stood at the end of the aisle yet again watching us, very indiscreetly and making it obvious. Benjamin, in particular, was stood at the end of the aisle with his arms folded directly staring at us. I felt very intimidated by this so had to leave the store without making the purchases I wanted to make.

That night I went home and informed my mother of the previous two occurences. She assured me it was probably my imagination and it could not be anything serious as I know I have done no wrong. But my mother said she would come with me to the store and see for herself whether I was being paranoid or not. My mother waited outside when I went into the store. I went in with the pushchair and as soon as I entered the female member of staff on the checkout called for employees to come to the shop floor. I went to look at the drinks aisle. After about one minute my mother entered the store. At this time no staff members had come onto shop floor so they were called a second time. My mother was half way up the aisle when four male members of staff came to the bottom of the aisle and started watching me. I felt this very uncomfortable and intimidating because they were all male and I did not feel there was any need for all of them to watch me. Upon my mothers request I went into different aisles, each time being followed by the staff with no explanation. My mother had seen enough and realised it was not my imagination so she confronted the staff. As soon as my mother went up to them, one of the staff members went from the situation, leaving three members of staff standing there. My mother asked why I was being followed around the store and Benjamin Lewis replied with "She has been known to shop lift" I was absolutely gobsmacked when I heard him say those words. I have never once been accused of shop lifting, nor have I ever been searched or let alone actually stolen something. Benjamin Lewis also said that I am being followed because of putting items on the hood of the pushchair. This is something I have been doing in every store since the birth of my son and never in my life have I been degraded so much that I felt I needed to leave a store because of discomfort. I have seen many mothers putting items on the top of the pushchair in around the Hedge End store and it does not seem to be a problem for them. I have even seen elderly ladies putting items in there shopping trolleys from home which they then take out when they get to the checkout but they are never followed or approached.

I have been going in this store my whole life and I feel deeply saddened that I have been made to feel like a criminal and that all the staff members and customers who saw the employees watching me believe that I am a thief. I have never stolen a thing in my life and have never been accused of such. I feel I have been singled out as I am a teenage mother. I feel extremely let down by this store and the indiscreet attitude from the employees, most of whom I have either been to school with or known from the store for years. I believed this store to be very family orientated until this incident occured. I am not prepared to use this store in future due to the humiliation and discomfort I have been made to feel.

I look forward to hearing how you will resolve this issue to ensure it does not happen to other mothers in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Janet Keith

Yep hon that is a good complaint email! Cheeky gits treating you like that. They should be ashamed of themselves!

:hugs:

Thankyou hun. I know, it's mad! I see EVERYBODY put items on the hood. I could completely understand if I was putting them where they were not visible but they were. The hood was never closed and they clearly don't realise that if I HAD stolen something it would have beeped when I left the store. My mother actually used to take me there in my pushchair when I was a baby...ugh makes me sick!

Yep hon I always put items of shopping on the hood when my 2 were little enough to be in a pushchair. I thought everyone did too tbh... I never had an experience like that. Whoever thinks it's a bad thing to put shopping on the buggy hood has blatantly never tried to go shopping with a LO.

xx

How awful for you! :hugs:

I ALWAYS put things on the hood and in the pram basket

That is a good e-mail and I hope they do not choose to just ignore it and instead speak to their staff!

I tend to get followed around shops more when I have my OH with me and I have been known in the past to just put the basket down and walk out as I refuse to spend money in a shop that will treat me like a criminal when I am not.

Good for you complaining and standing up for yourself, they should be ashamed! xxx

That's a great email.
I put things on the pushchair hood all the time, there's nowhere else to put it when you have a pushchair. :shrug: I'd be mortified if that happened to me :hugs:

Thanks everyone, will let you know if I get a reply. I am actually hoping they sanction this boy. I went to school with him and Ralph (OH) actually thought they were friends...obviously not. He was really hurt when I told him what happened.

That's perfect love - gives all of the details and gets your point across. Good luck - let us know what the response is x

Cant wait to see their reply. Id go in and be very ballsey if i could, wave when they stand and stare at you etc, urgh this has really annoyed me so i cant even imagine how youre feeling. Dicks!!! I hope you get a good frickin apology and say you want an apology straight from this guy, and the proof you have stolen as this is slander!!! Hope you get a reply asap!!! xxxxx
ps ive even put things UNDER the pram when ive over filled the hood!

sounds good hun and how awful of them to treat you that way that is very unacceptable i allways put my stuff on the pram or even under the pram till i get to the till :-/ i hope they do something about it for ya hun

Wow this is awful - if I were you I'd write a letter to my local paper about it to let the public know how you've been treated! Hope they sort it out for you xx

That's terrible that they have been doing this. I hope they get back to you.

very well worded! can't wait too hear their reply!!!

I put stuff UNDER the pram all the time then take it too the check out and have never been treated like that, totally disgusting

very well worded! can't wait too hear their reply!!!

I put stuff UNDER the pram all the time then take it too the check out and have never been treated like that, totally disgusting

This ^^

I've always put stuff under the pram.....never had any problems at all.

I hope they sort their staff out & at least give you a load of vouchers as compensation!

Thats disgusting, I cant believe they treated you like that on THREE occasions :grr:
well worded e-mail & I hope they do something about it x

Oh & when I have Finley in the pushchair when I'm on my own I always put stuff on the hood but never been treated like that x

i really hope you hear back from them! its completely unfair how you were treated!! they have some serious apologising to do! xxx

Do they have sensor things by the doors so that if you were to be shoplifting, the alarm would go off? If they do, then they're off they're nuts! They sound deluded anyway.

I hope you get a reply from them and not one of those automated ones where it looks like no one has bothered to read your email, an actual response from someone who sympathises with you because quite frankly, the way they've treated you is awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->