Does this mean I am not ovulating?

doddy0402

Mummy to 3!
Reaction score
Im a bit confused. :wacko:

I have been using opks or the last 2 months now, and have never got a positive one! I have had ones that are clearly negative eg only the control line and no test line, and coming up to cd12 I am starting to get colour in the test line but they never get darker than possibly half the colour of the control line, I get the same result from cd12 - cd16ish and then they go back to no line in the test area again.

Does this mean that I am not ovulating at all?

I still get what i thought was ov pains at the right kinds of times, would I still be getting these pains if I am not ovulating?
any help would be appreciated!xx :thumbup:

Didnt want to read and run but i have no idea hun. I hope someone can give you and answer. xx

have u tried charting ?its accurate x

havent tried charting, tbh it looked really confusing, and I wouldn't even know wher to start!x

fertilityfriends.com

all u do is take ur temp every morning, same time, type it in and the site does the rest , with the first mth it might take a while to give u a O date only cos there getting use to ur cycles etc, but u can ask ladies on here wot they think of ur chart x

Use FertilityFriend.com, just take your temp put it in the chart and it will tell you when you ovulated.

Super Easy!

I used the Answer OV strips last month and only half the test line gets as dark as the control so could easily be mistaken for a negative.

Good Luck!

I think that to use OPKs flawlessly you're supposed to test more than once a day. That can obviously be expensive though. FMU isn't very reliable either, so if you're going to just test once, I think mid-morning/mid-day is more reliable. I'm no expert though, (new to all this myself!) so perhaps I misunderstood. :shrug: Maybe Google could help?
I've started charting my BBT on FertilityFriend. It's easy to do, but I don't think I'll understand the results for a while!! :huh:
I've never gotten a positive OPK either, so I feel your pain! :hugs:
Good Luck!

Are you only charting from CD12? I got my positives on CD's 6&7 and O'd on CD8. It could be that if you're not testing until CD12 you are missing it? GL

I've only ever had one pos opk on the ICs i'm using. I do two or three a day and have found that I get darkest lines with my second or third morning pee. I kind of pick whichever one is my darkest and call it my positive. The tests i'm using are so cheap and nasty though, some of them have darker dye on the control line than others, so it makes it hard to compare them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->