Does this sound like a con?

Reaction score
Lol, basically some dude just came to the door from lovefilm and offered me a 90 day free trial but I have to pay £11.99 to get it!!
Can't you get a 30 day free trial for free :wacko:

I'm a bit dubious as to wether or not to go ahead with it and he's coming back soon, say's he will give me some *time* to think about it...

Seriously why can't people these days understand when people say no thanks!!

aargh!

x

its not a free trial if you are paying for it. And I am pretty sure lovefilm dont do door to door. Give them a ring x

Yeah that's what I thought and as soon as he asked for my card details alarm bells rang.. He seemed nice enough though but then they always do don't they!!
I think I will query it as normally door to door sales people offer you i.d to see don't they..

x

We have had love film do door to door around here. However you can get a 30 day free trial and then £5.99 per month after that. So its £11.98 anyway so nothing is free!!! If you want to get love film id probably do it over the internet for the same price X

i wouldnt do it from a door to door person, just tell him you can do it onloine

I rang them and yeah they do have door to door sales people..
The free trial he stated was a free trial, wasn't infact a free trial (which became obvious when he added in the upfront fee haha), it was buy one month get two free.. (why didn't he just say that instead and save the confusion? lol)

Seems like a good deal if you want it for 90 days I supose but I think I'll stick to the 30 day free trial instead!

She told me to go online and do it so I'll tell him if he comes back..

x

I would never give someone my bank details at the door.

Well he came back, I told him I'll be doing the 30 day free trial online instead, his response was that this is three months for one, I'll get 90 days for 11.99 (only now has he told me this) so two months free according to them but as it's been pointed out from one of you ladies it's only 5.99 a month anyway, so more like one month free..

Gosh, remind me to never answer the door when someone from love film comes to it with their confusing sales pitches lol..

x

I would never give someone my bank details at the door.

yeah I know what you mean, I always get sceptical when people start wanting card payments/details ect.. Same goes with over the phone too.. Far too many scams and things going on these days!

x

Con!!!

It's £6 a month so you would be conned.

Quite brazen to go door to door thou.

V xx

lovefilm dont take no for an answer :growlmad:

we did the 30 day free trail and found it crap films were never avaliable and didnt have much of a good choice etc...

we had some come to our door and we must have said no like 8 times in the end i just closed the door.

i dont like being rude but i find it room to push and push when im not interested and told them that 8 times!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->