Does this sound like a MC?

YikesBaby

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I was sooo sure we got pregnant last month. We DTD three times at prime time (coincidentally) and then I had what I was sure was implantation spotting. I thought so because I've never ever had random bleeding/spotting.

I have a short cycle of 25 days and AF post DD is normally 5 days with days 1 and 2 being extremely heavy.

On day 21 of my cycle (way too early) I got AF. Or at least I thought I did... except my flow was super light in comparison to normal. DD, DH and I had all just come down with the flu, so I guessed maybe I MC'd in light of the virus exposure.

I took my DD to the walk-in and asked about whether they thought perhaps I MC'd as I hadn't even tested yet and they asked me to POAS which was negative. Still, though, I think it was a MC. Doc thinks it's a weird period. BUT I've never had a weird period in my life.

I ended up bleeding for 2 weeks straight... and I am still spotting now after two weeks. Anyone experienced anything like this?

I guess it doesn't really matter... but I am wondering if this is consistent with a MC so I know if it happens again. :wacko:

To me it doesn't sound like it.
Miscarriage bleeding for most cases is extremely heavy and uncomfortable.
Also it's odd that it started earlier then your expected AF, if it was a miscarriage it would have most likely been later.
I suppose no one can really say for sure, perhaps just a really wacky cycle caused by flu?

Even to me it doesn’t sound like MC. MC flow is never superlight plus you didn’t get positive hpt. It could have shown positive, especially if you think you got an implantation bleeding and because even after MC, traces of pregnancy hormones continue to stay in body for more time.

Whereas on the other hand, I strongly believe that physical illness can affect your period. A bad cold or flu may be enough to throw your period off that month. Moreover, medication you might have taken for flu can also make your period irregular due to hormonal aberrations, no matter how regular you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->