Does this sound ok?

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
I really want a moses basket, just as it's easier to move around and wasn't going to bother buying a cot till after baby is here since he can sleep in the moses basket for the first few months.

However this is my first and I just wanted to check with other mums that there isn't a practical reason for having a cot too at birth which I may have overlooked.

Hi,
I'm pregnant with my first and will definetly be using a moses basket. My mam had a moses basket for all of us and she has five kids. All her friends had one too for their children and as you say, they're easier to move around. I don't think theres any major differences in starting off with a cot or a moses basket. Hope that was a bit helpful.

i thought (may be wrong) but babies should start in a moses basket for the first few weeks and longer if they fit, and then or at least i would put them to sleep in the moses basket and put the moses basket in the cot for them to get use to surroundings before putting them in the cot for the first time.

yeh ive got a moses basket for when she arrives, ive also bought my cot ready too but thts only because it was in the january sales haha, i wouldnt have rushed into buying a cot aswel knowing tht she wud be in the moses basket to star with.

Alot of babies feel secure in a moses basket more then a cot at first

personally i dont use them as with my 1st baby he was quite big born and when i put him in the basket everytime he moved it rocked the basket and it made me feel useasy about putting him in there and also they only stay in them for around 2 weeks then there too big for them, with my second baby born 5 days ago i never bought her one but she has a cot bed ready for when she is a little bigger so for now she is in bed with me and daddy, im not saying people shouldnt use them im just giving you my personal experiance and preferance, i do love moses baskets there so pretty some of them and cosy too, i think if u want to use one do so but if not theres no harm there either. O:)

i used a moses basket for about 14 weeks, i think its good for smaller babies (mind you mine was 8lb10 at birth) as its not as big as a cot, think they feel more secure.
I used to put the moses into the cot at night (saw it on baby whisperer on sky) to get him used to bars etc. He then didn't notice transition to cot when he outgrew moses, Will do same again this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->