Does this work for a girl?

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
Theodora, with the nn Teddie. I've recently really fallen in love with Theodore nn Teddy for a boy, and then I thought about the possibility of it for a girl, I know Robbie Williams has named his daughter this, and my first thought was that it was very cute. There's always the options of Thora, Dora nn too. What do you think, yay or nay???

I say yay! It's super cute!

It could definitely work, Teddie is such a cute name for little girl :). Plus as you say there are other options if it doesn't suit her (Thora and Theah are sweet).

love it! there's also Teodora (tey-o-dora) which is similar nn Teya

is Thea pronounced Tey-a, they-a, or thee-a?

It's adorable! She could go by Thea if she grows out of Teddie which is also beautiful.

I like the nicknames, super cute! But not keen on the full name but if you like it go for it! :) x

I love it! I also love all the nicknames for it, including and ESPECIALLY Teddie. That is so cute. Your own little Teddie bear. <3

I love the full name and all the different nicknames! :)

I like Theodora, but prefer 'Thea' as a nickname rather than Teddie.

Thanks everyone, I love it and more I say it the more I think it's a serious contender, but I mentioned it to dh last night and he said he hated it because it reminded him of Alvin and the chipmunks :(. I think I will keep it in mind though, powers of persuasion and all that ;)

Yay for the full name and the nns! I saw that film, but it didn't remind me of it, it's a cute name.

Wanted to add that I think Teddie would be a cute nickname when she's a baby :) All in all I think its a nice, old fashioned pretty name. And she could go by either Thea or Dora when she grows up. Fingers crossed you can convince him!

I love it and didn't think of the chipmunks either.

I believe Teddy is the name of the girl on the kid's show, Good Luck Charlie (Charlie who is also a girl, full name Charlotte)
Not positive what her full name is, but must be something along the lines of Theadora

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->