Does your 4yo wear a pull up at night?

A dream pee would not work for us. Once the boys are awake at night it usually takes them ages to fall asleep again. We shall just have to wait it out.

I have never ever dared wake any of mine for a feed, a wee or otherwise!

Seth was day trained from 2.5, but wore pull ups at night until the day of his 4th birthday. He was dry at night probably 75% off the time, but he insisted that when he turned 4 he wanted to wear big boy pants in bed! It has been just over 3 weeks now, and I think he has had 4 or 5 accidents, but he was having a large drink of water when he was in bed. We've since said no drinks for about 30 mins-hour before bedtime, and (touch wood) since then he's been consistently dry. He'll probably wet the bed tonight now I've said that!

I've always believed that it's hormonal, so you're never going to get them dry at night if they're not ready physically, but I do also think there is a psychological element to it. I think that sometimes Seth was just too lazy to go for a wee because he knew full well that he had a nappy on and it doesn't matter.

I was in no rush to get him dry at night, but he made the decision to try himself, and he's doing really well.

Seth was day trained from 2.5, but wore pull ups at night until the day of his 4th birthday. He was dry at night probably 75% off the time, but he insisted that when he turned 4 he wanted to wear big boy pants in bed! It has been just over 3 weeks now, and I think he has had 4 or 5 accidents, but he was having a large drink of water when he was in bed. We've since said no drinks for about 30 mins-hour before bedtime, and (touch wood) since then he's been consistently dry. He'll probably wet the bed tonight now I've said that!

I've always believed that it's hormonal, so you're never going to get them dry at night if they're not ready physically, but I do also think there is a psychological element to it. I think that sometimes Seth was just too lazy to go for a wee because he knew full well that he had a nappy on and it doesn't matter.

I was in no rush to get him dry at night, but he made the decision to try himself, and he's doing really well.

I agree with this. Rio definitely knows when he can wee himself and so doesn't bother to go to the toilet. He doesn't do it when we're out at certain places, never at nursery, never at the shopping centre or friends houses but will gladly do it at home or my mums where he knows there's a change of clothes for him. I'm not sure it's exactly the same for night time but maybe knowing he'll wet the bed and it'll feel nasty and have to be changed etc may put him off IF he is physically ready.

Also agree with the above, if they want to do it and are bothered there's much more chance of success

Thomas still wears pull ups at night. He's in a size 6 from incontinence services.

Cj has been dry at night since just after he trained at 3 he did on or two accidents but he gets up for a wee if he rarely needs one at night normally he just gets up at does one in the morning he doesn't have a drink for about a hour before bed he has a cup of warm milk around 6ish and then wee and bed at 7.30
My two year old has been potty trained since July and is dry every night not but still wears a pull up to bed not after this last batch has gone tho . I haven't done anything to try and encourage them to stay dry they just did it there selves x

My youngest has been dry during the night and day since she was 2.5 she had dry nappies on a morning soon as she was dry during the day so we took them off. But my eldest who will be 6 in Feb still wets the bed every night and wears size 8-15 yrs dry nites nappies. I don't wake her but guess she'll grow out of it soon.

My ds wears a nappy to bed. It is always full of pee in the morning. Ive tried no drink before bed/peeing before bed but he still has a full nappy next following morning! Nothing i can do now apart from wait til he is ready

both dd1&2 were out of nappies at night before 2.5. I haven't experienced it, but if they said they wanted to stop, I would try and if it was unsuccessful, then explain that it is okay and not their fault, tell them they can try again in a month or two and go back to pullups. It is so common!

ps. I have never woke the girls up to pee, or restricted fluids. I encourage them to take a drink before brushing their teeth and alot of the time they drink quite alot!

You don't wake them to do a dream wee. You literally pick them up asleep, carry them to the toilet and put them on and tell them to do a wee. It's really quite amazing lol my biggest boy was not what I'd call a deep sleeper and I was petrified of waking him but gave this a go and it worked beautifully. You just pop them back into bed and they go back to sleep. I wouldn't have believed it until I tried it.

If you're worried about waking them it's a good idea to get an idea of their sleep cycles and take them just prior to moving into their next cycle.

Even if they do wake (and I have woken them on occasion) I just tell them it's time to sleep and they go back no fuss at all -which is not what you'd expect from my kids lol

You don't wake them to do a dream wee. You literally pick them up asleep, carry them to the toilet and put them on and tell them to do a wee. It's really quite amazing lol my biggest boy was not what I'd call a deep sleeper and I was petrified of waking him but gave this a go and it worked beautifully. You just pop them back into bed and they go back to sleep. I wouldn't have believed it until I tried it.

If you're worried about waking them it's a good idea to get an idea of their sleep cycles and take them just prior to moving into their next cycle.

Even if they do wake (and I have woken them on occasion) I just tell them it's time to sleep and they go back no fuss at all -which is not what you'd expect from my kids lol

Exactly. My son wouldn't even open his eyes. We would gently pick him up, whisper "it's time for a wee", and hold him upright on the toilet. He would wee, we would put him back in bed and he would go right back to sleep. He probably properly woke up less than 3 or 4 times in 9 months and I wouldn't consider him a particularly deep sleeper. You definitely don't fully wake them and make them walk to the loo or some such.

Maybe my kids are lighter sleepers than yours then, but there is no way they would sleep through being picked up.

Does anyone have an idea why a kid would go back to bed wetting after having been dry at night for months and months? Sophie always had a dry nappy at night from just before age 3 and now she wets every night :-/.

If it's a readiness thing, how did she un-ready herself?!

I don't think it can have anything to do with the hormone in that case. Maybe she is worried about something?

Both of my kids still wear pull ups at night. I discuss it every year with the doctor at their well check ups to be sure its still within normal range, and they aren't worried about it at this point. Still within normal age range. I haven't ever tried the dream pee thing, but that's because I fear waking them up and it taking hours to get them back to sleep.

Maybe my kids are lighter sleepers than yours then, but there is no way they would sleep through being picked up.

Mine are deep sleepers and my youngest would wake up in a panic if I done this!

Ollie still wears a pull up at night although he's been dry during the day for a number of months. He's nearly always really wet and he's definitely such a light sleeper that a dream wee wouldn't work.

I think we're going to try and see if he'll night train after Christmas. He's small for his age so fits into most pull ups. He has such a pancake bum!

We tried the whole dream wee thing with our son but he did wake up and man was he cranky about it. He refused to go wee too. He did go back to sleep easily enough but of course, later on wet the bed.

I'm just going to wait it out a bit longer.

I don't think it can have anything to do with the hormone in that case. Maybe she is worried about something?

Could be? I can't see what she may be worried about but it's hard to tell with kids. She's at home with me all day and basically potters about doing as she pleases and is generally very happy and settled. She doesn't even have tantrums or anything like that.

Maybe some delayed reaction to Emma then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->