does your baby fit in around you or the other way round?

isil

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you feel like you're tied to your babies routine completely and how many of you don't let having a baby stop you doing anything?

We're a bit in the middle. Like in the day, we'll do anything, any time. It's taken time and planning but I know all the tricks of the trade! I know where I can warm his bottles and food, where all the best changing places are and can gather the stuff I need for him and me in less than 5 mins and be out the door! On the other hand, when it comes to night time, we are almost always home for 5 without fail to start the bedtime routine because I just know that messing it up would be worse than missing out on something with my friends that's happening after 5!

well in the day i can pretty much do anything aslong as leeon gets his nap in and isnt disturbed but at night time as long as were home for 5-6ish and he has his tea etc hes in bed for 7 x

We're in the middle too. I work around her food schedule and her bedtime, but apart from that we do what I need to do. If I need to disrupt her schedule I will though.

we are the same in the day we do anything but after 7 at night we have a routine x

ummm honestly we do what we want when we want. I am still breastfeeding so i don't need to worry about bottles or warming them. I have only just started her on baby rice and she tends to have some in the morning before we go out and if we are out in the evenings it is usually at someones house so i can prepare it there.

Her change bag is always ready by the front door and like you we can be dressed and in the car usually within 5/10mins. Saying that if she is asleep and we want to go out then i will wait until she has woken up.

I guess she has to work around us but everything i do she is at the foremost of any decision's i make. Our lives have changed immensly since we had her but i didn't expect anything different, we chose to have a baby and have to meet her needs first.

I defo didn't want to stop doing things and stay at home all day, she does have a routine but it is flexible and she is generally a very very happy baby (except when hungry then the world is going to end! lol)

Well we don't have a routine, it wouldn't work in our house anyway due to the hours we work! So baby does what we do.

Very rarely would I wake him from a nap to go out.

If we are out in the evening I put his PJs on between 6 and 7 ish like at home and he would fall asleep at his normal time, then at home time I would lift him and strap him in car seat then lift him out of car seat straight into cot.

I defintely work around her in the day! In the night we have a semi-schedule

it seems like there is noone too regimented then! I have friends who absolutely have to stick to everything and won't leave the house when their baby is napping. I just kind of think that he'll nap when he wants. He probably has no choice but to fit in around me!

The solids thing is the thing I've found the hardest because it is harder to do that while you're out. When I was bfing mostly it was okay and the bottles are okay too...solids are harder!

Leigha goes to preschool in the morning...9 til 11.30. So we have to stay in a routine for her. But after school or at weekends, we tend to go out when we want...but my babies are 1 and a half and 3 and a half so its a bit different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->