Does your baby have a bed time routine?

M

Mrsb3

My first 2 were formula fed and started sleeping through the night at 8 and 12 weeks so they had a bath, bottle bed time routine and was down for 8pm with no night feeds as they were taking all there 24 hr recommend milk oz during the day. However my 6 week old is breastfed and feeds all. The. Time. She falls asleep at the breast and then wakes up within 10 minutes of putting her down then she is hungry again. This cycle continues all day long so she doesn't get any quality sleep just 5-10 mins here and there. She is always hungry and I'm wondering if I could ever get her in to a bed time routine because I don't know how much she is taking through the day and right now she sleeps with me and I feed her all night when she starts fussing (which is a lot) I put my boob in her mouth and we both go back to sleep for a little bit. Is it possible to get her in to a routine?

At 6 weeks she's still establishing your supply and there's a big growth spurt around about then too!

Once you're over the 6 week growth spurt you should start to see your LO spacing her feeds out more and more snd then you should be able to start thinking about a routine. At 6 weeks Wesley was feeding around the clock but now at 11 weeks he goes 3-4 hours between feeds.

Routine-wise, i try to get him to have a feed at around 5pm then play with him/let him chill out for an hour while i sort out his sister's dinner, then i do his bath at 6:15, sometimes followed by a massage then at 7:15 i give him his last feed and then rock him to sleep for about 7:30. I then have to cuddle him for a good half hour before he's in a deep enough sleep to put down. He usually then slerps till about midnight when he gets up for a feed, then comes into my bed. He usually then wakes maybe once or twice more for feeds after that.

It can be hard at the beginning but I'm sure your Lo will get into a routine soon. I found the best thing was to try and be baby-led as much as possible with DS and now DD and it's working so far, so good.

At almost 7 weeks my DD has a go in her rocker while we make and eat dinner at 6pm- ish and then she has a quick feed before her bath at around 8.30pm every night. Then it's downstairs for her last feed about 9.30pm and I put her into her pram until I'm going to bed at around 11pm. The last two nights she hasn't woken for a feed until 6am and then 5.30am, so technically she sttn. I haven't tried to pick a particular routine, I've just fitted in the things that need doing around when she's asleep and awake so our routine is very organic (for that read unplanned LOL!) Som nights bath isn't until after 9pm and then the last feed is knocked on a bit, but I'm not really a stickler for a strict routine.

Thankyou everyone. I think my biggest problem is my lo won't be put down for longer than 10 mins wether it's to sleep or just chill in her bouncer chair or swing. I'm finding it tough because I have 13 month old who has his routine bath, bottle, bed which takes a good hour and half - wish I could feed lo before I bath older one and put her down :-( also meal times and mornings are just as stressful ... I don't like leaving her to cry for a bit but I have to so I can sort out her brother! It's so tough right now I'm exhausted

Do you have an OH or family member who can take the baby away while you get your other child to bed? Or a wrap might be good for you for these situations, so you can be hands free but still holding your baby.

We don't have a routine as such but after the 6 week growth spurt my DS def started spacing out feeds more. Now that he is very alert and enjoys being entertained it is easier to distract him, and the stimulation means longer sleeps in my experience. He goes to bed when we do, around 10 and usually gets up about 2, then 5, then 8. These are very loose estimations as it depends on the day we've had!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->