Doesn't know what she wants

Tigerlilyb

Mum of one each
Reaction score
My daughter just claimed that she wanted her trousers off, started pulling them down herself and didn't like it so she said she wanted them back on, on on ON, shouted herself into a frenzy and then ran head first into the desk.

It would be almost funny if it wasn't so sad, she won't let me comfort her or distract at all.

We've had 2-3 of these tantrums over the past few days, I can sometimes coax her out of it but sometimes she ends up in such a mess I just have to leave the room for 30 seconds and come back to ask if she's calmed down yet. There's just nothing else I can do.

Eg. yesterday I had to change her nappy at one point (very sore spot for her right now) so I took off her skirt. She freaked out asking for it back on but if I offered she just screamed "no no no!" and after 30 minutes of this I just left (after wrestling her into a nappy).

Reading back it seems normal toddler behaviour, I just haate it. We've just come back off a week long holiday with my relatives so I'm sure that's not helping. Can somebody at least reassure me that this phase is short lived? Any way I can nip the tantrums in the bud?

Stalking! We've been having this for a couple of months now! Some days are worse than others. Like you I just leave her to it now after one round of offering whatever it is & taking it away again. She just gets more worked up the more I try to pacify her. This age is by far the hardest I've encountered so far. Not only these 'want it, don't want it' tantrums but she also will not play alone at all & is into absolutely everything. Never sits still.

I posted a similar thread a little while ago, things have improved a bit since then so yes I think it is just a phase :thumbup: Hope it passes quickly for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->